"LOCK HIM UP!" A guy heckles the Trumpbot at Disney World's Hall of Presidents

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/29/robot-uprising-2.html

5 Likes

Hahahah awesome man. Fight performance art with performance art, I always say.

21 Likes

When I was there on Dec. 22nd, a lone woman in the capacity crowd gave an abbreviated, though clearly supportive, cheer after Trumpbot spoke. I was disappoint.

5 Likes

Disneyworld better fasten their seatbelts securely for the next few years on this ride. This will be far from the last time this happens.

29 Likes

A hero comes in many shapes and sizes!

12 Likes

He could have saved a lot of time and money and not freaked out any kids by just yelling at him through the TV.

3 Likes

Disney Security:

Cross between Mayberry RFD, old school gas station attendant and a Marine Honor Guard.

Of course!

4 Likes

Wait a minute…

1 Like

Jay Malsky knew he’d never get close enough to Donald Trump to heckle him in person, so he did the next best thing…

Next best thing? I don’t know, I think that the animatronic might be smarter than @realdonaldtrump

11 Likes

I don’t know about locking him up, but a restraining bolt might be prudent.

19 Likes

Indeed. He’s more harmful than an IKEA dresser.

3 Likes

You could probably sneak in a raspberry, loud cough, or other quick noises (especially easy to sneak in, if they’re natural like a cough) without getting caught. Come with a bunch of friends, sit separately, and disrupt the speech that way.

If that’s your sort of thing.

7 Likes

First, I’d check if it was another IoS talky-toy with open Bluetooth.

5 Likes

Why were you disappointed? Only one? Can you imagine her embarrassment?

2 Likes

I love it that Disney security is code named “The Mouse” within the park. As in, “You better behave or else we’ll call The Mouse in after you!”

5 Likes

Disney Jail” is the stuff of (urban) legend for teenagers who grew up in Southern California. I always pictured the place as a terrifyingly antiseptic white-tiled cellblock off the utilidors somewhere in the bowels of the park.

5 Likes

7 Likes

The treasure pile at the entrance to Pirates was the focus of another legend: the resting place of Walt’s cryo-storage unit.

Then there were the rumours about the brothel attached to Club 33.

4 Likes

Tell me more… :smirk:

4 Likes

I don’t think I made it through a single show with Bush Jr.’s animatronic without someone yelling at it, and during Obama’s first year or so, there was always a heckler. I’ll likely just avoid the Trump version — I don’t like waiting for some doofus to heckle a robot.

8 Likes