Logitech mouse has a dedicated "AI" button

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/20/logitech-mouse-has-a-dedicated-ai-button.html

9 Likes

Whats Wrong With You GIF by RK3

22 Likes

https://ludic.mataroa.blog/blog/i-will-fucking-piledrive-you-if-you-mention-ai-again/

13 Likes

9 Likes

Not digging the attempts at assimilation.

8 Likes

Will not buy.

15 Likes

The nice thing is that the button that summons what people increasingly inaccurately call “AI” can almost certainly be remapped to something actually useful. That’s why I like Logitech hardware. I don’t really blame them for hopping on the LLM bandwagon.

4 Likes
14 Likes

For a bastion of ‘innovation’ tech is absolutely rammed with insufferable herd animals.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Looks like an unintended self-own by bing image creator.

2 Likes

The button, which is an unusual shade of bright cyan so you know it’s special, opens something called the “prompt builder,” whose purpose in the context of mice or mousing-related activities remains obscure.

egads… some of us (antiquated has-beens) really really try to only buy hardware if it doesn’t depend on some proprietary device driver; let alone some full blown ‘app’ running in the background (yeeesh… “Your headphones have detected a pirated music file – the authorities have been alerted”)

6 Likes

Logitech Options+ has a prompt builder tool, so if you have a compatible logitech device and have that program installed you can use it without buying this special mouse.

However, I have a G502, and a Brio, and I find Logitech software is confusing, resource intensive, and buggy. My Brio wants Logitune, and my mouse wants Ghub.

3 Likes

… but if it’s absorbed by an LLM and then regenerated when we ask it for “a song” then it’s okay, right :thinking:

7 Likes

Nobody’s mentioned yet that it’s also gluten free.

6 Likes

Well, the difference is that a gluten allergy is actually a thing… AI is not.

2 Likes

AI is as overused as Pumpkin Spice. Maybe someone will figure out how to combine those two.

4 Likes

Kermit The Frog No GIF by Muppet Wiki

5 Likes

But is it on the blockchain?

5 Likes

Can it be reassigned to something useful, like fart noises?

7 Likes