London cop who repeatedly kicked, beat woman who wouldn't leave her child's sickbed cleared

The verdict is incomprehensible based on the story. Was her child dying? Were the injuries to the mother actually trivial?

I would expect that when the police are witnesses for the prosecution of another police officer, there must have been a serious intention to convict.

You think there’s greater risk of somebody being killed by simply restraining a person, rather than letting them inflict 40 kinds of injuries upon somebody? Maybe in a riot, but not in a hospital. If somebodys being a violent shit, tie them up until they’ve calmed down, then nobody gets hurt.

No, I have laws because I am principled. Punishment and reward are merely crass, primitive ways to meddle with people.

Why didn’t the other officers restrain the offensive officer?

There is something missing, but I would never have imagined this would take place.

Even if the mother threatened to end it all for the child, there should have been a police negotiator. Resorting to violence beyond simple restraint is appalling.

1 Like

Definately not the full story. But do the press EVER print real stories???

In the UK when a decision on justice is required it is done by the
community- by you and I. This community is better known as a jury. They
hear ALL of the evidence. Remember only ‘they’ heard ALL the evidence
that you havent. They made their mind up within 4 hours and all 12 members agreed on NOT GUILTY-UNANIMOUS. It was said in open court that the lady was very
agressive and had already been violent and assaulted a medic- that the
mother injured her kid and that she had threatened to remove the kid
from life saving machinery-that the police service spent hours trying to
persuade her and only physically intervened when the mothers
behaviour escalated and the kid was currently being injured-that the
police officer suffered a multitude of injuries-that the officer, who
had numerous commendations, was offered no assistance from others there
and he ONLY did what was necessary to protect the kid from very serious
injury or death. As a democratic country we must only form views based
on facts.
“The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined
nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and unity.” -FM

If this is true, that certainly explains the decision. Could you provide a link to a reputable news source?

1 Like

If funky’s account is true then this article is manipulative bullshit. At least the portions that imply she was peacefully “tending her child”. Blech. Don’t do this. Fox does this.

1 Like

That’s contrary to whatever I recall reading about this, which was the the hospital had been trying to switch off the kid’s life support and the mother had been fighting them. Which doesn’t jive with restraining the mother from switching it off. Fortunately, I never take it for granted that I may have the whole story! But it sounds troubling, in any case.

2 Likes

It’s important to communicate the source for that statement. Otherwise, were you to introduce that paragraph into court, it would be struck down as hearsay. Useless, misleading, and diversionary.

I’d like to know what happened, and I don’t disbelieve you as such, but I’d like my mind to be grounded in fact on such an important issue.

As for a jury unanimously agreeing after only four hours of deliberation - there are many ways for this to happen. If the prosecution had pursued the wrong path and struck out on a major technicality that underpinned the case, the judge would direct the jury to ignore any evidence on that basis, and potentially strike the key charge itself, leaving lesser charges that would be orphaned by lack of evidence, and hence impossible to prosecute, and a jury would be required to go innocent.

So please - where’dja get the info?

EDIT:
And mind you, thinking about it, why didn’t they simply restrain her? What’s with the kick to the left side of her face (with the soft boot)?

1 Like

I also read reports taken from court documents that the mother was frothing at the mouth and chanting “Death to the Police” whilst repeatedly attempting to stab both herself and her child.
Under circumstances such as these, can we really judge the heroic actions of the police in the negative?

2 Likes

yeahbut, miasm, nearly all attempts at Irony or Sarcasm in a bbs fails, just say’n.

[verry late add: BUT your most recent total rewrite is pretty blatantly recognizable, congrats.]

on the poor lady
 maan there’s no justice in the world.

siggy of the day
 “cops everywhere, justice nowhere”

Sarcasm?

I just so happen to believe the cops. They never ever do anything wrong. Evar.

oh-kay. personal ps: yours was the fastest bbs reply i’ve ever seen, wow. just wow.

1 Like

LOL, I’m injured and recovering so have more time to dedicate to poring over this here board.

I’m challenging myself to limit my posting to something resembling normalcy.

Sign? Ciggy? sgnificant saying?

get well my friend, please.

o-o /* it means Over and Out */

where i live “siggy” is a (kinda out there) abbreviation for Signature Line. more often mine is a quote from joss whedon’s classic DrHorrible’sSingalongBlog, last words:
“don’t worry, captain hammer will save us”.

1 Like

injured? recovering?? having been born with an overabundance of nose i googled your handle. this is what popped back, confirming you’re deeply committed to role play:

mi·asmˈmīˌazəm,ˈmē-/nounnoun: miasm; plural noun: miasms(in homeopathy) any of the three underlying chronic diseases that afflict humankind: sycosis, syphilis, and psora. Origin19th century: from Greek miasma, ‘stain.’

the geometric icon may take a lot longer to crack. first quick-and-dirty try was the always popular images.google.com search. no matches, darnit.

Google image search is crap.
Try TinEye instead

1 Like

BINGO! how appropriate a resident pixieshifter points the way; presuming pixie relates to pixels. i’ve got tineye.com snagged in my search tools bookmark list, thanks alot PS.

one of many matches is this’n:
http://spiritualsoul.net/group/godsandgoddesses/forum/topics/2273519:Topic:80858

snipped

Title: Kali Yantra
Goddesses play an important role in the study and practice of Tantra Yoga, and are affirmed to be as central to discerning the nature of reality as are the male deities. Although Parvati is often said to be the recipient and student of Shiva’s wisdom in the form of Tantras, it is Kali who seems to dominate much of the Tantric iconography, texts, and rituals.[6]

Miasm: A malevolent spirit, hovering in a haze above the wasteland.

The Kali yantra.

Have fun.

1 Like

Miasm: A malevolent spirit, hovering in a haze above the wasteland.

The Kali yantra.

Have fun.