London's thinnest house for sale

wasn’t serious. i don’t have a garage where i live either.

Further on this topic: man, I wish I lived in a place with real actual public transportation.

3 Likes

The interior is surprisingly bright and pleasant, thanks to all those skylights. I’m not crazy about having a loft over the bathtub, but hey.

Overall, it’s a cute house to live in providing you’re not overly attached to possessions.

2 Likes

You definitely won’t have any problem reaching the planters on the rooftop terrace with this 50-foot spool of hosepipe.

1 Like

I suspect this was originally an alleyway and at some point a hot real estate market made this worth building. We have alleyway houses in Alexandria, VA and they are expensive. Often bought as an “in town” home for people who have insane commutes from their country homes.

2 Likes

It looks like just the place for Thinlock Shoames, London’s thinnest Consulting Detective!

2 Likes

The answer is: Yes

3 Likes

Ok, yeah, that makes it a lot clearer. Seeing the street view, there’s about as much room above the top-most window as there is in the floors below it. So that third floor seems to be the same height as the rest.

Take a look at the pictures. The staircase doesn’t factor for much.

When I first moved in with my now husband, we lived in flat in Bath that was a only a couple of foot wider that this one, (and was only two floors, so much less square footage) When we bought our first widescreen TV, (back in the mid-nineties, so 32 inches of CRT glory) the delivery man had to cut it out of the packaging halfway up the stairs, where it had got stuck. By the time he and my husband had got it up the second flight of stairs, we were worried we’d killed him.

I was glad to move out.

1 Like

Um, 3.5.

1 Like

As someone who lives in an earthquake prone area, these designs make me anxious

1 Like

That is a lot of money for a three story hallway.

2 Likes

come to new york city! we have all kinds of buses and trains here.

1 Like

My problem is that my preferred size of city is “big enough where the buses run every day but small enough where the only ads on the buses are ads announcing that bus ads are available”. I just need a city that small that also has an extensive subway system and I’ll be thrilled.

3 Likes

“Three Adults anna Dog Max, Fine Ale and Spirits” it is!

1 Like

Hospitality… can be fun, at times.
One invariably finds oneself addicted to
expensive food, fine spirits and whatever
else is available.

1 Like

that IS a nice dream. let me know at this space if you find such a place. i’ve been living here almost 60 years and not opposed to something different.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.