Long Island Trump yard shrine "just straight up uncomfortable" to look at

Originally published at: Long Island Trump yard shrine "just straight up uncomfortable" to look at | Boing Boing

5 Likes

That yard could definitely be improved by ::checks Home & Garden:: ah yes, burning with fire.

26 Likes

47 Likes

In my day, as a young lad, we’d just do donuts on that lawn, like every night, we called it mowing somebody’s lawn, fun times, I do hope the asshat mayor of my little town has forgiven by now.

23 Likes

“TRU P”

• sign at top of house.
9 Likes

Oh wow. That is so bad…

Also - I wonder if that mail box decor violates some sort of postal code to the point they won’t deliver to it. I mean, you can decorate you mail box, but I imagine there is some sort of limit…

9 Likes

There was a house nearby that had a yard full of trump crap until recently. Drove by it yesterday and noticed that the yard was emptied of all the noxious propaganda and a For Sale sign was up.

Good.

28 Likes

And you thought living next to a $cientology compound was bad…

15 Likes

Their poor postal carrier. :pleading_face:

20 Likes

Yeah, we have three or four of these houses nearby. At least we did until fairly recently…

11 Likes

Lived there briefly (this idiocy doesn’t represent the town at all) and grateful I am now hundreds of miles away. This is madness.

8 Likes

The thing about this particular one here in my part of the globe was that it was adjacent to a Muslim family, a treehugger and a family of color across the street. Guess he finally felt outnumbered and decided to slither away.

21 Likes

I’ve noticed that the less conservative the area, the more prominent displays like this are. We were in Oklahoma in 2016 and I saw very few trump signs compared with upstate NY.

8 Likes

Interesting observation. St. James is far from conservative and adjacent to a college town (SUNY, Stony Brook).

5 Likes

Or they were foreclosed on. There is a major housing crisis in the NY exurbs right now. That’s about all the empathy they get from me, though.

7 Likes

Maybe it’s the conservative version of “virtue signaling.” /s

5 Likes

pulls out his trusty Q-decoder book
Tru P
True Pee
The pee tape is real! and it’s in the basement of this house!

/S

21 Likes

Maybe True Pee is actually a name for this franchise outdoor pissoir.

7 Likes

“Yelling louder isn’t going to get you a bike.” – Mom

22 Likes

Bingo. We had one of these homeowners in the neighborhood over, and our 450K+ city is generally liberal. (Our mayor is gay, married, and Hispanic.)

I also noticed the Trumper deprogrammed his yard about a month ago. Now he only flies the US and a blue lives flag.

7 Likes