Longer video of Native Americans, MAGA cap high-schoolers, and Black Hebrew Israelites encounter tells a different story

No need. Just pointing it out.

2 Likes

someday i might hear this in a non-threatening or non-demeaning context, but i’m not holding my breath.

sometimes i like to pretend there really is a god and a devil and that the devil’s greatest trick was making sure that all the assholes end up in heaven, and the cool interesting people in hell. the thought makes me chuckle.

Milo Yiannopoulos adopted the symbol on social media in early 2015.

This use of the signal preceded the 4chan hoax that made it go viral. A number of alt-right figures, notably white-nationalist guru Richard Spencer, published photographs of themselves using the symbol in 2016.

It was the cool new racist thing in their circles and exploding exactly then, just not widely recognized outside their circles yet until 4chan. (edit: just saw that @emo_pinata and a few others beat me to the links.) that example hand signal might have been a coincidence in a sea of racist body paint, but these same kids seem pretty okay doing it on purpose now, so while i get your point about the timing, i’m leaning towards these boys being racist vanguards on top of the latest racist trends. bleck.

9 Likes

Again, fuck this thread.

15 Likes

Around here, the game would be stopped and the team with the offending “fans” would lose by forfeit. It’s happened for less. A few “fans” using racist epithets caused a high school basketball game to be forfeit by the home team, and the entire school underwent sensitivity training.

13 Likes

Disclaimer: this may or msy not actually be the same group, but if it isn’t, then it means there were at least two shittily behaved MAGAteen groups there.

15 Likes

I seriously doubt it was a different group of Magats.

Some people can try to spin it any way they like; nothing changes the fact that those assholes harassed and tried to intimidate a Native American elder and it was caught on several cameras.

Advocacy%20NOT%20Wanted

15 Likes

Some people have their excuse-making for their fellow white supremacists turned up to the Max.

13 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

According to a German friend, German football fans are very careful to raise both arms simultaneously when celebrating a goal…

3 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

14 Likes

I’d say that if @frauenfelder only reads one post in this cursed thread, it’s this one. (Thank you chgoliz.)

14 Likes

Reads, or embodies?

5 Likes

Posted on another thread while this one was closed, but really belongs here:

David Duke and Il Douche have both weighed in. I think the verdict is pretty clear. If the only ones standing up for you are white supremacists…

14 Likes

Real talk.

13 Likes

The sign looks similar to one NBA superstar Paul Pierce was fined for using during a game in 2008, but Jordan Jackson says the sign had nothing to do with a gang. “When you make a three, everyone does this sign,” Jackson said. “You’ve probably seen LeBron James or someone do it. I did the three in the picture, and my little brother pointed at the camera.”

Anyone who’s watched college or pro basketball recently ought to recognize exactly what Jackson is talking about. It’s not a gang sign. It’s known as “three goggles,” and it’s been popularized by various collegiate and pro teams in the last few years. The Portland Trail Blazers think they made it famous. The University of Kentucky’s 2012 national title team flashed their three goggles on nearly every three-pointer they hit that season. Nike even made t-shirts referencing the gesture for UK fans, and House Speaker John Boehner was caught on camera flashing the sign at a Kentucky game that year (not sure, but I doubt Boehner is in the business of throwing up gang signs). Three goggles were the subject of trend story after trend story in major national news outlets.

Please note that my post in no way endorses the actions of the Koventry Kids. I do think that maybe the hand gestures may be mischaracterized. Sadly, I don’t find it surprising that black kids got suspensions for the same gesture.

3 Likes

Two perspectives on the rush to rejudge the incidence.

First, a thread:

Then, to put it succinctly:

11 Likes

Can everyone please keep in mind that during the Lincoln Memorial Anti-Abortion Protest, absolutely no three-pointers were scored, for either the Home or Away teams?

20 Likes