Longer video of Native Americans, MAGA cap high-schoolers, and Black Hebrew Israelites encounter tells a different story

Did they make that gesture there? I’ve only seen pictures of them at basketball games making it.

1 Like

And the blackface?

10 Likes

Apparently you have to watch five hours of video before you’re allowed to comment.

They did enough blatant bigotry without spending five hours looking at their hands for that long, too.

4 Likes

To be fair, I’m not here for hard-hitting, nuanced journalism. I’m here for mostly wonderful things.

1 Like

I think you may be barking up the wrong tree.

I’m just trying to clarify that maybe they weren’t throwing up white power symbols at their basketball games. I think that accuracy is very important as there is a perception that any false claims negate the entire argument and will only amplify screams of “fake news”.

I 100% agree that arriving at a game in blackface, MAGA hats, chanting and gesturing the tomahawk chop at a Native American elder, marching for a cause that removes women’s control over their own bodies, having a Confederate general as a mascot, etc., all paints a fairly sufficient picture.

6 Likes

Yes:

The hand gestures on the basketball court are a distraction from the more clear-cut evidence, but given the stinking garbage heap of racism that is this school it’s not out of the realm of possibility that the gesture (especially when held down low) can serve a dual purpose when they’re playing a team made up of primarily black players.

11 Likes

Ah! Missed that. Thank you for posting.

4 Likes

This topic has 230 comments until now, and I still don’t care enough if someone supporting Donald Trump was insulting a native American verbally or non-verbally at this incident.

Even if they didn’t, they still support someone who quite openly is racists. And that guy is in power. Which is, in my book, much worse.

2 Likes

Absolutely impossible. That would mean we’d rushed to mouth-frothing judgement before checking the facts twice in one week. Only religious people show such bigoted prejudice.

What pisses me off about this picture is that its a group of boys that will most likely never have to deal with the consequences of their actions, insisting on what women can and cannot do with their bodies.

14 Likes

If there’s one overriding lesson that they’re being taught at this garbage school by their bigot supervising priest and their racist parents, it’s that right there.

13 Likes

For-fucking-real, though.

This wasn’t any game; and I saw what I saw.

I believe Nathan Phillips, and I believe my own eyes and ears.

22 Likes

Is black face also common in basketball?

And @ficuswhisperer, jinx!

12 Likes

It is at nauseatingly racist schools populated by privileged little assholes. Otherwise, I would have to say no.

9 Likes

The person who first posted this, generating so much outrage, was @2020fight, which belongs to a Brazilian blogger, (while claiming to be a teacher in California), has had their account suspended.
According to CNN- " Molly McKew, an information warfare researcher who saw the tweet and shared it herself on Saturday, said she later realized that a network of anonymous accounts were working to amplify the video."

1 Like

Huh - so there is even another example where it is used. I don’t follow sports - especially basketball and especially college, but good to know.

8 Likes

They’re both utterly horrible, in my book.

Adults who think like those kids clearly do are the ones who put 45 into office in the first place; he’s just a symptom of the disease, not the root cause.

12 Likes

How much more oppressed can this kid get?

9 Likes

What’s depressing is how easily this can be assumed to be legitimate.

2 Likes