Longer video of Native Americans, MAGA cap high-schoolers, and Black Hebrew Israelites encounter tells a different story

The defense is that this was a “blackout” game and that everybody is wearing black.

7 Likes

If indeed Mr. Phillips chose to walk into the middle of a mob of jeering MAGAts, then he is even more of a hero.

9 Likes

This sort of thing never really surprises when it comes to private schools. Especially Catholic ones. A shit ton of the private schools in this country were
started with the end of segregation.

There are an awful lot of religious schools in the country that still operate as the “white people school”. They’re specifically the school parents send their kids to, in order to keep them sequestered from non whites. While they may not explicitly teach white supremecy, the idea is very much to keep your family in an environment where such things will never be challenged

10 Likes

I agree. I’m just saying I still think the wording of the headline is weirdly misleading, since it seemed to imply that the students weren’t racially harrassing Nathan Phillips (the previous story it’s “correcting”).

Knowing more details about that story clearly hasn’t told a “different story”, it’s the same one. Racist school culture leads to racist incident.

11 Likes

Precisely.

He willingly put himself in danger in order to deescalate a hostile confrontation.

It’s maddening that some people keep trying to detract from that fact in order to make excuses for shitty, antisocial behavior.

17 Likes

this is enough to ban the team and school from any future sporting events. whomever is in charge of the league needs to give them the permaban. you don’t play nice with others you don’t get to play.

11 Likes

Because you’re equating people who mostly know nothing of his actual actions wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt in a country where his positions hold no sway with wearing a red hat while acting like a fascist while those whose policies you support have control of most of the government. These two are NOT equal!

19 Likes

I completely agree. Nothing has changed; the behavior of the CovCath students is still repugnant and the very antithesis of what that school allegedly claims to believe in and teach.

11 Likes

I define peace as the ability to defend yourself and blow your enemies into smithereens.—Sean Hannity

Those boys should have turned the other cheek and walked away.

…But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. …
— Jesus Christ, English Standard Version (Matthew 5:38-42)

Personally I think the discussion should be why were those young men marching in something they can’t comprehend. Like a fetus. The can’t carry one in their body? As young men they can be just as responsible, if not more so, for an unwanted pregnancy. It makes me think someone was using them as pawns for a political agenda. And their parents would also be complicit in that “agenda”.

2 Likes

Let me get this right…this is the hill you want to die on.

The only thing these boys have related the the MARCH FOR LIFE is the ability to create one without taking responsibility for it and blaming the other participant for a miraculous conception.

6 Likes

I feel like I’m repeating myself.

But that assumes these kids were there for any other reason. And viewed any antagonism by their targets as anything but an opportunity.

These kids traveled as an organized group to a far right protest. Dressed in symbols marking themselves as part of a very specific ideology. Put themselves in the block opposing left wing counter protestors.

There is no way in hell they just happened to be there. And there is very little reason to believe either they or their parents or their school view any of this as a bad thing.

6 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/nathan-phillips-maga-teens-interview/index.html

"…at the same time, I didn’t feel that I could just stand there anymore and not do something. It looked like these young men were going to attack these guys. They were going to hurt them. They were going to hurt them because they didn’t like the color of their skin. They didn’t like their religious views. They were just here in front of the Lincoln – Lincoln is not my hero, but at the same time, there was this understanding that he brought the (Emancipation Proclamation) or freed the slaves, and here are American youth who are ready to, look like, lynch these guys. To be honest, they looked like they were going to lynch them. They were in this mob mentality. "

15 Likes

Finally got a chance to watch the video.

Can confirm, a Native American elder walks in between the two groups and stops. Then he is surrounded by a crowd MAGA hat wearing teens that move to circle around him and start doing the Atlanta Braves’ tomahawk chop before getting into his face.

Like, the video is plain as day with not even a little confusion.

24 Likes

Unless one is utterly desperate for any other explanation of that unacceptable behavior, aside from the painfully obvious.

19 Likes

That I am skeptical of, if only because it seems too on the nose.

Has anyone verified it really is her account?

Because that’s the kind of thing PR people and lawyers can have a field day with, if it’s not. Proof that “the Left” is trying to slander them. It has almost a Project Veritas “gotcha” vibe to it.

I am not saying his mother is a shining beacon of virtue. I am noting that they moved quickly to get PR and lawyers in place, and POTUS notwithstanding, thr kind of people who do that generally don’t undermine their case so blatantly.

Beware of honeypots that look too tempting. The last thing I want is for these brats to have reason to play victim.

13 Likes

That may be, but she also emailed with Heavy.com and soem things to say:

In an email to this reporter, the mother of the student right up in Phillips’ face said the story was “fake news.” She claimed that Phillips, who she referred as a “this man,” in quotation marks, was drumming close to the teen’s face. But her biggest gripe, besides saying this reporter was promoting hate, was that she alleged the students were themselves harassed. By “black Muslims.”

“Shame on you! Were you there? Did you hear the names the people where calling these boys? It was shameful. Did you witness the black Muslims yelling profanities and video taping trying to get something to futher (sic) your narrative of hatred?? Did you know that this “man” came up to this one boy and drummed in his face? Shame on you. Only reporting what you want. More fake news.”

When this reporter thanked her for the correspondence and explained that it would be reported on as part of the story, she demanded the emails be deleted.

“Delete my email. I want nothing to do with helping perpetuating (sic) your hate. I do not want to be a part of your story. You are ruining a boys life for fake news. Hate spreads like wildfire. I pray for you.”

9 Likes

I have to repost this from the other thread:

thnx @ docosc

11 Likes

ach. seems like it wasnt her; update at heavy.com as far as I get it?

CORRECTION : An earlier version of this report identified a woman who had emailed a statement to Heavy as someone believed to be the mother of the Covington Catholic student seen immediately in front of Nathan Philips in the video. Heavy did not identify the woman or her son by name.

Nick Sandmann, a Covington student, has since issued a statement identifying himself as the student shown in front of Phillips. The woman quoted in Heavy’s original report is the mother of a different Covington student, not of Nick Sandmann.

Heavy can confirm that the Covington parent quoted in the report is not Julie Weis Sandmann, Nick Sandmann’s mother.
The statement was falsely attributed in other news reports to Julie Sandmann. Heavy apologizes for the confusion that led to that incorrect attribution.

but there is a support-nick-sandman-FB page and of course david duke already left his shit there

“Don’t believe everything the leftist, lamestream, libtarded media tells you. A frequent contributor to our page is our friend and online historian Duke Davidson. He has found evidence that suggests white people were in America DECADES before the Indians ever arrived! is this true? is this mostly true? time will tell. I know this much – you won’t hear about this in the so called “schools” in this country. God bless.”

(edit/ I am not entirely sure this isnt satire…)

7 Likes

No he’s not. First off, the “OK” symbol is not ubiquitously a white power symbol. 2nd the hoax that started it was in 2017. Third it looks more like his hand just happened to make this shape.

Wow. Holy shit. It is amazing this wasn’t done at some party or some off campus event, but at an official school event. I sure as fuck wouldn’t have stayed silent on that one if kids showed up to my kids sports (or more likely now, theater) function in black face. And I am fairly confident neither would the coaches and teachers. Take them out back and hose them off. What in the fuck???

2 Likes

ehm…are you that sure?

jpg%20small

photo from the same twitter-thread, thats their team.

that doesnt look like the “ok”-sign, not with this hand-posture, nope.

12 Likes