Longer video of Native Americans, MAGA cap high-schoolers, and Black Hebrew Israelites encounter tells a different story

And stepping onto the court, which should have been called. But yeah, not at all shocked. Not even surprised. Really wish I were.

5 Likes

angry-hiddles

15 Likes

I have a feeling this unexpected spotlight is about to show all kinds of unpleasant truths about that school, and the kind of educational environment they foster there.

12 Likes

Because I’m not advocating hate?

10 Likes

“You keep saying these words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.”
( Apologies to meme masters out there. I am challenged in this area.)

10 Likes

Because your glib whataboutism/both-sides/‘no big deal’/muddying the waters mentality isn’t “harmless” or ‘victimless.’

It’s passive complicitness.

14 Likes

Okay, I think we’re gonna have to bring back “Yikes!”

16 Likes

Just like racism and all the lame-ass excuses for it, ‘yikes’ never “went” anywhere.

It has always been there.

10 Likes

Yeah it’s a school that sent their students to the March For Life.

For the adults in the room to have prevented this thing. You’d have to be talking about people who think this sort of thing is bad. Given the reactions from parents and the school it’s quite clear that isn’t the case.

The two aren’t exactly disconnected.

15 Likes

This is looking like it’s a fake account.

3 Likes

I fucking hope so; that kind of justification is horrid.

4 Likes

F*ck that, you think that Mao and Che didn’t cause great harm? or that people supporting them or enabling them, even passively by wearing support, aren’t culpable? I can’t believe anyone is defending “armchair nazis” wearing armbands. Not everyone in a lynch mob holds the rope, but everyone is guilty.

supporters of awful people are actively enabling the actions of those awful people. I think you seriously need to reevaluate your moral compass.

drops coffee. holy shit. can we shut down that school forever? i am at a loss for words that this happened in 2015 and am sad that so many kids are being raised with hate and ignorance. smdh. :cry:

12 Likes

Because you’re bending over backwards to defend a hateful mob whose hateful behaviour is reflected in the symbol of hatred that many of them are wearing.

16 Likes

Just wearing a MAGA hat in of itself is a pretty racist statement even without any further action.

18 Likes

Exactly, and the vast majority who wear them are very much aware of the implications.

12 Likes

I’m still waiting to hear what the “different story” is in the article title.

(Disappointment expressed rhetorically, but, you know what?, I am actually waiting a little…)

13 Likes

The vast majority who wear them are actively trying to ‘trigger’ others or provoke a negative reaction, just going by what I’ve seen.

There isn’t one.

No matter why they did it, a bunch of entitled disrespectful White teens who claim to be ‘good little Catholics’ racially harassed and tried to intimidate a Native American elder on camera.

That’s a fact.

12 Likes

I have a red ballcap that says NL for the netherlands that that I don’t even wear anymore, because of the shade of red. i don’t even want the appearance of that shit from a distance that how strongly i feel about not spreading hate.

13 Likes

Some black dudes yelled at them, so Mr. Phillips deserved what he got? :woman_shrugging:

13 Likes