Look at all the places this cat shouldn't be

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/21/look-at-all-the-places-this-ca.html

6 Likes

One of my kitties has discovered going up the chimney, as in The Tale of Samuel Whiskers, but without encountering any rats, that I know of.

6 Likes

My cat recently developed the habit of running up and climbing onto the dishwasher door every time it’s opened. He is not a small enough cat for this to be a good idea.

18 Likes

step-in-time-mary-poppins

8 Likes

this is halfway to a children’s book

or website that I’d look at all day

8 Likes

One evening a few years back, after dinner, and a noticeable absence of one of our cats for several hours, I heard a faint meowing. I tracked it to the downstairs bathroom where a contractor earlier in the day had installed a medicine cabinet…

33 Likes

Our (un-papered) Maine Coon would also lay in puddles and come in the shower.

6 Likes

This is underneath the printer.

17 Likes

My Howard looks just like that, and he loves the pots n pans also. But there’s no dishwasher, so he has to climb on top of the pile of dishes in the sink to mess with the plants in the kitchen window.

7 Likes

Perhaps he is the new King of the Cats?

7 Likes

Oh yeah, this dude doesn’t love a full-blown shower, but he wants it left on a trickle, so he can come in and lick at the floor-water.

2 Likes

What’s that sink-like contraption in the basement?

2 Likes

So much fecal bacteria on food prep surfaces eww. We’re lucky our little kitty isn’t much of a jumper and closed cabinet doors discourage her. I am not ok with cats on the kitchen counters.

4 Likes

A sink…well, two sinks. :wink:
Screenshot_2020-04-22 Double Basin Utility Sink Laundry Tub - The Home Depot

1 Like

Interesting. As soon as I open a kitchen cupboard my cat wants to explore but he has precisely zero interest in the dishwasher. He doesn’t even sniff at it, just walks around the open door.

1 Like

Yes, but what are those yellow knobs for?

2 Likes

Those red, orange, and beige ones are really something else.

Our Orange Julius obviously had a TARDIS, and would suddenly appear in impossible places. We’d see him sound asleep upstairs, but seconds later he’d be underfoot in the kitchen.

4 Likes

Zoom in sez they’re towel grabbers. :slight_smile:

Screenshot_2020-04-22 SviWGXa jpeg (JPEG Image, 3024 × 4032 pixels)
Screenshot_2020-04-22 tea towel holder - Google Search

3 Likes

My neighbor’s cat (a great little guy BTW, friendly to a fault) used to sneak into the laundry room at our apartment building, and god forbid if you left the dryer door open.

Not cool for tenants with allergies.

3 Likes

Mine jumped in the oven when I opened it, while it was 350F. I grabbed my little boy and ran his paws under the faucet instead of taking a picture. He was fine, just annoyed that I made such a fuss.

3 Likes