Look at the difference between Sean Spicer and Jen Psaki

I think they’re alright with that; they can start doing some skits with variety instead of going over dRumpf and the 2 intellectually challenged ‘adult’ male offspring over and over ad infinitum. (I hope the youngest of his boys gets out from under his father and mother’s influence in a few years.)

4 Likes

Given their delicate sensibilities, it won’t take much for those snowflakes to melt.

True, that.

Yep. Make 'em lose 20 years worth of sleep in 4 years; that sounds fair to me.

The sooner Biden understands that ‘working with’ a bunch of assholes who have no intention of reciprocating is a Fool’s Errand, the sooner I hope he stomps his foot on the gas & disregards their screams…
Maybe Harris has the killer instinct that Biden seems to lack. If so, maybe she can be the Attack Dog, while Biden’s Nice Guy image stays untarnished.

2 Likes

I needed Spicer on a moving podium.

But, wow, Jen Psaki is a goddam rock star. (I’d been comparing her to Spicer and McEnany the entire time I watched her and just marveling at how smart, how diplomatic, how normal, how White House Press Secretary-ish she was, and how much we lacked that for last 4 goddam years.) I dont think this is recency bias, but you can tell: just from these 2 days, she is going to go down as one of the greats.

6 Likes

Agreed. I heard an interview with Samantha Bee awhile back where she was asked how her comedy would be different had Hillary won in 2016. I’m paraphrasing, but she said something along the lines of, “it wouldn’t be that different, instead of making fun of Trump’s bad decisions I’d be making fun of Hillary’s bad decisions.” She allowed that the magnitude of the bad decisions would likely have been much different, but asserted that from a comedic perspective it didn’t really matter.

1 Like

Let’s just call it like it is, observing they’ll never overcome the obstacles to enlightenment. They are stunted.

7 Likes

I used to regularly watch Dancing with the Stars, mainly because it’s one of the few reality competition shows that emphasizes the competition rather than manufactured drama. However, they have a history of problematic casting choices, including Tucker Carlson, Tom Delay, Bristol Palin (twice), Ryan Lochte, and just this past season, Carol Baskin. Interestingly, even though I’m sure the show has a mostly older, whiter, and more conservative audience, only Bristol Palin out of this group did very well at all.

1 Like

I don’t watch the show, but it might have been a little more palatable of a casting if the show revealed they were going to make a donation in Smart’s name to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children or some other relevant charity. Play her performance as a way to increase publicity for the cause.

That would set a precedent that other celebrities and public figures who appear on the show hope for / expect a donation to their pet cause, but that would likely be okay. It’s Hollywood so the accountants can probably figure out a way for the donation to reduce the show’s tax bill and if the show gets a reputation for philanthropy maybe that would increase ratings enough to offset the cost of the donations.

2 Likes

I don’t think this can be correct. Trump is a literal criminal and committing criminal acts. (And when he’s not committing crimes he’s violating all the norms that are the guardrails to prevent criminality.) Remember in the old days, when politicians would (at least give lip service to) strive to avoid appearance of impropriety, let alone impropriety itself?

And then we have Hillary — who would (possibly) be making policy decisions you disagree with.

From a comedic point of view, if you are treating them the same, you’re probably doing it wrong.

2 Likes

Danger of paraphrasing – instead of saying she was asked how her comedy would be different, I should have said she was asked how her show would be different. Her point was that she doesn’t need Trump to make her show funny, because she has a limited amount of time to fill and the president – any president – will always provide enough material. She really didn’t buy into the idea that Trump is “comedy gold,” that “the jokes write themselves,” or that having him in office makes her job easier, and she most certainly did not want him to be re-elected.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.