Look at these photos and videos of armed men protesting the lockdown in Michigan

What to do about these iggerant shitkickers? Dust off and nuke from orbit, it’s the only way to be certain.

6 Likes

Just, fucking wow!

So much WTF to parse in one go…

It’s too simple to say they’re all idiots, it’s not a question intellect or education. Rather it’s layers and layers of ingrained GOP propaganda and a lack of self reflection. I’m pretty sure that if I met any of those individuals under different circumstances I’d find them to be normal and friendly and kind like pretty much every US citizen I’ve ever met.

I have to question the self awareness of anyone dressing up in a plate carrier with a tricked out AR-15 and going on a protest such as this. It’s not a good look, y’know?

The Virginia protest was related to gun control so I can understand that. But it appears to have set a dangerous precedent and emboldened these protesters so I guess there’s going to be more of this sort of thing.

Edit for typos

15 Likes

You mean the Koch-funded Reason magazine that hides its fundamental Libertarian worship of corporations and the ultra-wealthy behind a scrim of concern over civil rights violations (that affect white people) and advocacy of pot use (since that’s something white people enjoy)? I doubt it. Anyone citing that outlet’s take on matters like this, with the assumption that right-wing populist thugs like these dangerous morons can be controlled, is a fool or a dupe.

34 Likes

21 Likes

They blocked an ambulance.

41 Likes

Nah, it’s freedom hacking. Kinda like that caused by rolling coal.

9 Likes

Not really, except as an example of the kind of pseudo-intellectual BS used to try and undermine scientifically-driven policies like Michigan’s.

25 Likes

when you have a sociopath running the county, it’s inevitable the others just come out of the woodwork eventually, pandemic just accelerates it

I would have laughed at myself saying this a month ago but I am starting to think we are headed to a second “modern” civil war, I mean what do you do with these kinds of people, you can’t educate them and now they are literally risking others lives

what happens if trump gets re-election? what will they do if he doesn’t? I can’t see a good ending in either case

12 Likes

It really goes well with the sign stating the preference for “Dangerous Freedom over Safe Slavery” - Oh, you’re OK with slavery for those people. Gotcha.

30 Likes

She hasn’t banned that stuff. She’s banned congregating in public to buy that stuff. There’s a world of difference.

22 Likes

?

What’s a plate carrier?

2 Likes

So, the criminals were arrested, right?

Or is this a case of “very good people on both sides”?

9 Likes

Collectively, this represents approximately 7 linear inches of penis.

19 Likes

I was reading yesterday that they blocked access to a nearby hospital. Unintentionally I’m guessing as its hard to create a traffic jam and then control it but who knows with these jerks.

As I understand it the original organizer intended the protest to be done from within cars. Everyone was supposed to stay in their cars and cause a traffic jam with no thought towards how that might impact critical services. But of course no one could show off their strap-ons from inside their cars. So some got out while others continued to snarl traffic. I saw some reposts of the organizer flipping out on FB that getting out of the cars would make them all look like idiots. Mission Accomplished!

39 Likes

Lol…I swear it’s the same group of guys traveling all over the country. Every protest…the group looks exactly like the previous one.

Never see any women though… :thinking: Which would explain why they’re so angry and why they fetishize guns. The gun thing is super creepy.

But maybe if they put down the guns, took a shower, and shut the hell up they could get laid. Then they’d go away and we’d never have to see them again! :joy:

11 Likes

A Plate Carrier is a tactical vest with pockets designed for bullet resistant armor inserts; the plates make it a “bulletproof vest”.

8 Likes

I was struck by the guys in the second row, wearing face masks to protest against safe distancing.

18 Likes

A plate carrier is the chest rig that you see those guys wearing.

On the front surface are a series of MOLLE straps to attach things to but the principal function of the thing is to carry armoured plates front and rear.

4 Likes

Frankly, I don’t care if it was unintentional or not. Minutes matter often times.

But Fox will play them up as heroes, and some will believe that.

this whole thing is deeply distressing.

33 Likes

Remember to keep two Mossbergs apart!

6 Likes