Man brandishes gun at immigration rally

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/02/conservative-counterprotestor.html

7 Likes

Civility!

33 Likes

Obviously it goes without saying that any black counterprotester who tried this stunt wouldn’t have survived long enough to have charges brought against him.

39 Likes

“But you can’t arrest me, I’m white!”

22 Likes

THAT’S how you do it. Don’t be terrorized.

6 Likes

I wonder if I would get a contempt of court charge if I loudly said “womp, womp, womp” immediately after his sentencing :wink:

Presuming he is sentenced to anything more than a wrist slap :cry:

11 Likes

Sometimes confronting the guy with the gun scares him off. Sometimes it gets the person doing the confronting shot. Either way, the onus is not on the person being threatened to put themselves in harm’s way.

33 Likes

I’m glad no one was shot.

SMH

15 Likes

They’re lucky to be alive.

11 Likes

He looks like an evil Abe Lincoln :confused:

1 Like

Is anyone else a little disturbed that there were embedded police at the protest? At least one eye witness reported police just suddenly appearing from the crowd.

They’ll say they were worried about incidents like this, but given who they normally focus on during these events, and given where the majority of police support lies, politically, I can’t help but wonder.

28 Likes

Remember, it’s the left who is being uncivilized because if you separate mothers and children some places wont serve you dinner and protestors might gather outside your home.

I watched the videos and the only police I saw drove up in cars that had been parked several hundred yards away. What did you see?

12 Likes

There always are. Well, at least in towns the size of Huntsville and larger.

2 Likes

This is bizarre. I’m guessing the perp must have some mental issues or be on drugs. ( In either case he needs to have his guns taken away )

The guy walking after him shouting “gun” is an idiot. If someone has a gun you need to close on them, or take cover.

Walking along 10-30 feet away is standing in the sweet spot for getting killed, I’m glad he didn’t.

2 Likes

Well, if I were attending a rally with my family and someone pulled out a gun I might appreciate the heads-up that it could be time to create a little distance between ourselves and the potential shooter.

20 Likes

The warning cry was definitely appreciated…I’d just recommend doing it while taking cover, or tackling the guy.

I’m glad he didn’t get shot. I hope people don’t see this and think it’s a smart way to deal with an armed crazy person.

1 Like

I’m thankful his nerve broke and he walked away instead of shooting into the crowd. You don’t hear about that happening very often. It seems once the gun comes out, the bullets quickly follow.

I’m noticing more alt-right “enthusiasts” making the news while sporting beards without mustaches. Is that becoming a thing? Is there a reason behind that grooming choice?

The one time I tried it years ago was because I was tired of biting my mustache when I ate. I ended up shaving it all off because I looked stupid. Now I just keep everything well trimmed.

6 Likes

I think what bothers me the most is his enigmatic smile in the mug shot, as if he’s amused by the process :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

Hmm, where’s that poster that was going on about how “conservatives aren’t even allowed to speak, let alone harass anyone” a few days back? I’d be interested to hear how they try to spin this.

15 Likes

Maybe it’s because, in spite of being booked, he accomplished his goal of disrupting the event and making people afraid?

Or maybe he’s a just a nut?

4 Likes