Look into the empty eyes of an ancient, giant fish

Originally published at: Look into the empty eyes of an ancient, giant fish | Boing Boing

3 Likes

22rc1n

7 Likes
3 Likes

Previously in Boing Boing coelacanth lore…
Based on the number of times coelacanths come up on BB we should make them a mascot fish or something. And start local fan clubs for the Comoros Coelacanths football team.
Shriekback AND Deja Voodo wrote songs about them… I mean, that should be enough shouldn’t it?

7 Likes

Although I can admire the yellow eyeballs and sharp teeth of this particular Coelacanth from afar, it isn’t a fish I’d be thrilled to swim with.

I wouldn’t be too keen on swimming around with a fish that had been dead and preserved for who knows how many decades, either. Although a human being after similar treatment would be pretty horrifying as well - and I’d certainly not want to see one walking around…

3 Likes

I believe that the capybara is already the mascot fish of BoingBoing

9 Likes

I remember doing a report on them in school. It wasn’t very good, because there just wasn’t a ton of info about them. This was years before they found and photographed living specimens in the Indian Ocean.

3 Likes

Look into the empty eyes of an ancient, giant fish

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.