'Lord of the Rings'-themed wedding looks like a lot of fun

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/27/lord-of-the-rings-wedding.html

6 Likes

Were there eleventy-one guests :question:

14 Likes

Elenenty-one plus one?

8 Likes

Do you think they had a second breakfast? And did it come in pints?

15 Likes

One thing I noticed within a few weeks of getting married was that once I got used to wearing the wedding band its absence would fill me with a Bilbo-like anxiety whenever I took it off. I wonder if that’s where Tolkien got the idea for magical ring-addiction.

17 Likes

Oh, that’s an old New Jersey breakfast as well, only with Whiskey.

5 Likes

That’s a good way to get your ring finger bitten off.

2 Likes

Heck, I’d like to have this sign out front all the time, even with no event being planned.

3 Likes

Welp, sure beats my Lord of the Flies themed wedding.

13 Likes

Ha! Me too. I have to wear mine on my right hand because it’s a half size too large for my left and I’m too nervous to ship it back to the jeweler.

Of course, my wife has lost both her engagement and wedding rings. The wedding ring we found, though.

2 Likes

~~ sharpens a stick at both ends ~~

1 Like

This is what happens when you legalise gay weddings

1 Like

I am just so glad that they didn’t use the One ring as the wedding band.

Because nothing says love like:
One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them…

4 Likes

Hoping there weren’t any pedant-trolls to ruin the festivities.

4 Likes

Open bar and “pipe weed” for everybody!

6 Likes

i wonder if they had a special fireworks show.

3 Likes

Went to a wedding a few weeks ago.
Both bride and groom were fully employed working at various Ren-faires all over the country.

Their ring bearer was was a boy dressed as Frodo. Curly mop of brown hair (a wig?) with knee breeches, a dark brown cloak, the whole deal. He wordlessly brought the rings to the altar in a small wooden (?) box. As he walked up the aisle, we the wedding guests had a good laugh. Well done!

5 Likes

Yeah, through a boring and uninspired series of events hobbits got mentioned in our vows.
Some day I’ll get over it.

That’s the part that got left out of this–a huge fight broke out at the reception between the “not asking the Eagles to take them at least part way on the trip to Mordor is a plot hole” and the “Eagles aren’t a taxi service, there are a bunch of good reasons they didn’t ask and it wasn’t mentioned in the story” factions. No casualties, but sixteen figurines were broken beyond repair.

1 Like

I’m trying not to imagine what they’d have to go through for a divorce. The plot of Lord, why THAT Ring? could show the uncoupling process in Middle-Earth. Since the protagonist’s ex will be represented in court by Satan Sauron, getting the ring back means having to destroy it. The alternative is going full Gollum, so the journey to Mount Doom begins. Of course, any failure to comply with court-ordered settlements before reaching the Black Gate of Mordor brings on the Ringwraiths. :wink:

1 Like