Lorna Doom, bassist for the Germs, RIP

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/17/lorna-doom-bassist-for-the-ge.html

2 Likes

Ah hell, this is happening more and more often to me. I got an appreciation for punk when I was in college, so, 20 years ago. These bands were already classic then, but fresh to me, and I just keep forgetting that these people age, that the albums were statements but also snapshots of a certain time, place and mindset that does not stay fresh forever.

So long Lorna, thanks for the awesome attitude and rockin’ sound you brought. You were one of a kind.

2 Likes

i can’t believe i’ve lived 51 years and only am just now learning that Belinda Carlisle’s punk stage name was Dottie Danger. it’s just such a good name.

3 Likes

I just love the name. Would make a great comic book character, or legendary Irish patriot/terrorist with a dramatic and tragic backstory.

May she rest in punk rock heaven with Darby!

germs-darby-drink

2 Likes

If this tweet gets to 666 likes, then Lorna will play one last show. :heart:

P.S. she was my idol in high school, my hair always looked like hers. I even played the bass because of her.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.