Louisiana candidate for Senator burns up a confederate flag in this new kickass ad

And, as pointed out above, there are actually more Democratic voters in Louisiana than Republicans. When they actually get to vote - surprise! - they elect Democrats!

19 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

There are several southern states, that people keep telling me we should just give over to the racists and fascists, where Democratic voters make up at least half of the population and that block of voters is growing, not shrinking. LA, GA, and TX are all purple, possibly trending more blue than red. And this is why the GOP is freaking out and trying to pass voters suppression bills.

The way to win the country, is to win the south.

23 Likes

Easy answer, Racism.
Next question.

8 Likes

Seeing how many Confederate flags I’ve seen in places like Michigan and Wisconsin, it’s pretty fucken huge actually.

If you’re educated and leading social causes, odds are you’re against the subjugation of an entire race. And if you’re not against it, then yeah, your beliefs are wrong.

Dafuq?

You say shit like this and then say it’s the minorities’ fault? How the fuck did you come to that conclusion?

Yeah, I’ve seen way more open racism in the North than in the South.

What (I hope) you were saying is that the old narrative was that the South is great in spite of Black people and the new narrative should be that the South is great because of Black people. I agree, but it’s still kinda cringy and poorly worded.

And it’s because of this that nobody who ever believed the South was great in spite of Black people will ever come to believe that the South is great because of Black people. Because this opinion is predicated on race and nothing else.

14 Likes

Fuck’s sake… are you aware this makes you sound like a massive racist asshole?

7 Likes

Louisiana has a jungle primary. If Kennedy doesn’t get 50% of the vote (Cassidy got 59% in 2020), there will be a runoff between the top 2 candidates. The last runoff which Kennedy won had terrible turnout and if 50% of registered democrats had voted it would have been enough. It wouldn’t take huge numbers, just pretty good turnout

9 Likes

Yeah, thanks for helping me clarify.

4 Likes

As someone who has occasional sinus trouble, I’d like to defend the honor of mouth-breathers.

2 Likes

I LOVE IT! Passionate and accurate. More Democrat adds need to really strike this tone. Force the GQP/Fascists to articulate their opposition to what this ad calls out. I wonder how Kennedy is going to counter this? Doubling down on the confederacy, no doubt.

I’ve been trying to share this on Twitter but apparently Twitter is blocking the video or maybe it’s Youtube. Anyone else run into that?

7 Likes

Gary Chambers Talks like Democratic people should talk loud, proud and using truth as the tool it should be. Its nice to hear someone speak to American voters in a voice responsive to the lies that are the foundation of republican assault on our democracy. We can be totally inclusive to voters by calling out lies and the reasons why the republicans have to use them. The republicans have no policy or platform, they are scared greedy little non-thinkers who are afraid that educated people can shred their grip by fear. The right-wingers aren’t stupid people but they are too lazy to think for themselves. Perhaps republicans fear that POC, LGBTQ, and other people who are oppressed will extract revenge on them if Progressive people, Democratic people gain power. They fear that people who are different from them will want revenge for all the harm that they have suffered. The right just can’t get it that most people just want to live life, care for their family and develop to their fullest potential.

12 Likes

Look at the second half of your sentence. It sounds like you’re saying that until now, the South has been great IN SPITE OF minorities.

Any greatness in the South has always included minorities.

Perhaps you meant “in spite of its historical treatment of minorities”, or something like that.

13 Likes

Again, poorly phrased comment was really POORLY phrased.

13 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Sometimes, I wonder how folks like have the extra energy they spend trying to control everyone else’s life. Then stories come out about their messed-up relationships with spouses, children, colleagues, etc. The common reason given when they leave politics and retire is to “spend more time with their families.” :roll_eyes: By that point, I’m sure their relatives are overjoyed to have them back at home…all the time…focused on their every move. :grimacing:

20 Likes

I hope this becomes a meme among Democrats running for office.
It would be nice to have a Confederate Flag Bonfire Day, too.

Yep.

10 Likes

After over 400 years of basically ‘turning the other cheek’, why would anyone think this would be the week that all those they’ve wronged will rise up and treat them in kind?

15 Likes

idiot

All found on the tumblr

18 Likes

They project like an IMAX. They assume everyone else is as horrid as they are, like liars who never believe other people.

14 Likes

The ghost of Huey Long has entered the chat

10 Likes

While not a Juggalo, I do appreciate the message in one of their songs:

"Fuck your Rebel flag! (Fuck your Rebel flag)
Fuck your Rebel flag! (Fuck your Rebel flag)-(Fuck your Rebel Flag!)
Fuck your Rebel flag! (Fuck your Rebel flag)
Fuck a Rebel flag! (Fuck your Rebel flag)"

13 Likes

Just to save them some work

12 Likes