Lucky Charms Beer is magically questionable

Speaking of Rogue, y’all seen their astonishingly bad job notice for an IT manager?

6 Likes

I’m particularly confused over the salary. It says the job is not a 50k+ job, so… its less but they want someone who is extremely capable. Wat

8 Likes

Umm yeah guys good luck with that.

8 Likes

I can’t tell you how many job listings I see that want a single person able to do six completely different full-time jobs, all while working for near-poverty wages.

3 Likes

Adding woodruff syrup to Berliner Weisse is a traditional, delicious thing that a lot of people think tastes like lucky charms. Because it kind of does.

Strangeways (also a Virginia brewery up route 64 from Norfolk) makes / serves a Berliner Weiss w/ woodruff. They call it Lucky Charms. This could be a riff on that taken in a completely wrong direction. Or maybe just a coincidence.

After a few, that’s not normally a problem.

3 Likes

The rule of avoiding “flavorings that appeal to children” apparently applies to nicotine but not alcohol.

1 Like

And you thought the corn syrup in Coors was outrageous…

4 Likes

I’m holding out for Count Chocula Cream Ale.

10 Likes

10 Likes

A friend that worked in the newspaper business for 30 years used to share job listings like this on a near weekly basis.

5 Likes

IPA. In other words it’s shit. I don’t need the lucky charms part to tell me that.

Fucking shitty IPA, double IPA, triple IPA, super IPA BULLSHIT MICRO BREW TREND OF GARBAGE.

give me a real fucking brew. A nice deep dark rich stout. Shove the hops up your ass.

I’m a tad salty on the IPA trend.

4 Likes

I liked the Lemon Chiffon Crueler Ale.

3 Likes

1 Like

I don’t think that’d taste bad since citrus notes is something regularly seen in beers. I have had their Sriracha beer and it was surprisingly not terrible, think it was a porter so it had slight chocolatey notes with a faint heat in the after taste. My mom who hates most of the beers i buy really did not mind it.

2 Likes

A salty IPA. Brilliant!

Salted Beer Nuts Double IPA. I’ll send you a sixer.

5 Likes

Extremely low barrier to entry.

I think a lot of people’s first beer is unreasonably ambitious / creative. Usually you grow out of it before you’re running a full on brewery

(not that creativity is bad or anything, but a lot of these seems like ideas that are “neat / cool” at the expense of tasty. fun to try, but why would you sell it?)

1 Like

5 Likes

Actually. Given my nostalgia for beer nuts. I might like that.

2 Likes