Lux, 22lb angry cat, traps family, including dog, in bedroom

Oh sure, blame the cats, they certainly can’t speak up for themselves now can they? Convenient scapegoats to distract the 99% from the real problem.

1 Like

Disagree, the summary by one operator to another was priceless.

Must be a trait – our Maine Coon is quite adept at opening doors.

1 Like

What, ferrets?

1 Like

Most dogs I know would be over protective of the baby in those circumstances even if the cat out weighs it. Actually most parents too.

1 Like

I’m surprised no one during the call brings up the possibility of rabies…

pfft, pussy.

Daaaamn, why do bad animal threads always summon people who are rather too eager to kill animals?

1 Like

I mean, the specificity of it. .22 caliber! That’s the cat gun!

1 Like

Did some clean-up my good human, I had an all consuming appetite.

3 Likes

Cowardly psychos often start with animals because they’re defenceless.

3 Likes

I’m sure it was mildly terrifying for your girlfriend, but man, that story is giving me mad giggles.

3 Likes

It was fucking hilarious. I was no help whatsoever, Laughing too hard.

3 Likes

“I’ve been reading boingboing for many years, and certainly would not have expected such a petty response. I would have been content to let it lie, but I have half a mind to take advantage of practically limitless new account names, and email and IP addresses.”

BADASS ALERT.

3 Likes

OBAMA!!! amirite?

Not that I disagree with you, but it sounds like this particular cat was far from defenseless…

I’ve seen crazy cats put people into the hospital. One elderly lady I knew had a cat with an overactive prey drive (or maybe was just plain psycho), and would attack (including biting) unprovoked.

After the 3rd time that the cat sent the old lady to the hospital emergency room, this time with pretty significant bleeding from a lacerated femoral artery, which required surgery and a hospital stay, the “cowardly” son finally took the cat for it’s last trip to the local Veterinarian.

My comment was related to some asshat who was suggesting the cat should be shot.

I know cats can be psycho and capable of serious damage (particularly to the elderly) but in that case the son could have easily taken the cat himself or taken it to a shelter. It’s not like it was a doberman that attacked a toddler.

Maine Coons are the best cats ever!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.