Lyft driver kicks racist white woman out of car. She can't believe a white man would do that (video)

Originally published at: Lyft driver kicks racist white woman out of car. She can't believe a white man would do that (video) | Boing Boing

21 Likes

This is what being a real ally looks like.

MORE OF THIS, PLEASE.

61 Likes

He doesn’t know it, but James Bode is my new boyfriend. Well done, sir!

14 Likes

Christopher Walken Dancing GIF

16 Likes

He also called the driver a “[N-word]-lover.” What a lovely couple.

43 Likes

Bodes well for decency, impartiality, equality and humanity.

There ought to be some kind of award or medal for this kind of heroism.

19 Likes

I also caught that, at the very end of the footage.

He clocked the couple’s hateful bigotry immediately, and didn’t ‘just let it go.’

Good for him.

40 Likes

"You’re like a normal guy, like you speak English," she said.

Apparently, they were fully expecting someone outside their norm, someone who was not – in their estimation --White. Given that expectation and their call for an Uber ride, I wonder if they were hoping for an opportunity to fuck with a non-White driver.

17 Likes

Ideally, there shouldn’t have to be. :slight_smile:

28 Likes

If only more white folks called the cops on other white folks. Oh, wait they do.

If only non white folks could act this way without the fear of violence.

If only there were less racist people!

Third time’s a charm.

3 Likes

This is literally next to the town where I grew up.

It’s fucking embarrassing.
letterkenny GIF by CraveTV

Thank you, Mr. Bode.

15 Likes

Absolutely good for him.
Not sure if this reduces my karma, but I would have let them in, money up front.

Where I let them out though, well… that’s a secret.

3 Likes

more of this please. more white people calling out the racists assholes, and standing up for our fellow humans.

6 Likes

Being white comes with far too many undeserved benefits but I’ll take this one: racist white people assume that because I look like them I must also think like them and all too often give themselves away. At least it provides an opportunity to call them out.

Best Whiteface Man GIFs | Gfycat

21 Likes

It’s incredibly telling how it starts with a way milder tone-deaf racism, but then in a blink escalated instantly to 19th century full monty racism.

It speaks to how the people who say the mild stuff are thinking the much worse stuff all the time.

37 Likes

Jesus Christ. That final epithet by the male racist. Rolled off his tongue with complete familiarity.

14 Likes

That’s inappropriate.

Understatement of the year :confused:

Good on the guy to confront them and refuse service.

5 Likes

This is one of those rare situations where “what a wonderful human being” can be used to describe everyone involved just by adjusting the level of sarcasm intoned.

13 Likes

Wonder if a non-white driver picked them up later, and they just shut up so they could get home.

1 Like

I was with him from the start, but the casual threat and the casual “N-word Lover” bomb sealed the deal.

4 Likes