Lyme disease is an "intergalactic substance" and a "gift," according to social media influencers

Originally published at: Lyme disease is an "intergalactic substance" and a "gift," according to social media influencers | Boing Boing

8 Likes

f u middle finger GIF by Midland

23 Likes

What the actual fuck. She’s the new (arm waiving with no qualifications) Jenny McCarthy, profiteering on other’s suffering.

11 Likes

So, a woo-peddler. I won’t even bother.

14 Likes

I prefer Professional Bullshitter.

11 Likes

that was stupid nbc GIF by The Blacklist

12 Likes

crystals

FWIW-- My cousin’s daughter was one of the first people diagnosed with the disease in the Old Lyme area of CT back in the late 70’s. She was a child and they didn’t know what it was, and she suffered for years before it was properly diagnosed. She still has health problems today, primarily symptoms similar to rheumatoid arthritis.

26 Likes

“This gives me chills down my entire body.”

mike yard no shit GIF by The Nightly Show

Fever, chills, fatigue, body aches, headache, neck stiffness and swollen lymph nodes can accompany the rash.

22 Likes

That gift killed my mom.

18 Likes

Is this a conspiracy to get ignorant folks to kill themselves? I seriously have to ask if their isn’t an effort to spread misinformation in an attempt to decrease the human population with zero regard to how it effects the rest of us.

12 Likes

What is frustrating is - looking up minerals, often times it is some woo site explaining what agate does to your chakras or what ever.

9 Likes

Hah yeah, those crazy new age kooks…

You should try magnets instead /s

12 Likes

Isn’t this indistinguishable from intentionally harmful speech like yelling “fire” in a crowded theater?

6 Likes

Surely this is about the refreshing, yet bitter citric fruit and the dark green colour…

HOLY SHIT!!

People like this exist and speak words?!

6 Likes

So, is this another one of those “sunlight is the best disinfectant” things where the best way to make sure we never hear about them again is to bring their message to as many people as possible?

3 Likes

how do they work?

16 Likes

I knew someone diagnosed early as well. It seemed like a life of utter misery and because of her constant pain she was quite irritable and therefore hard to find care for.

We live in a Lyme-heavy area and if you have any symptoms whatsoever they put you on a 7 day course of Doxycycline without question. All of us have had it except the Littlest Pea at least twice with none of the long-term symptoms a lot of our older friends have.

That’s awful. I’m so sorry to hear that.

17 Likes

Another Goopy death cultist.

8 Likes

Well, yeah. Because they don’t interfere with your magic copper bracelet. /s

8 Likes

WTF is “a medical intuitive”

Tell that to my nephew who was suffering for a year + and still has follow on effects.

Ignorance is dangerous.

6 Likes