M. Night Shyamalan's Glass is looking pretty good in this new trailer

well, i for one think this looks great, and i’m hoping it’s a return to Unbreakable-era form.

1 Like

what if the twist is that there is no twist?

16 Likes

Nah, Unbreakable was fantastic

7 Likes

Panda

2 Likes

7 Likes

I feel like I’m ridin’ on a Moebius strip, here!

3 Likes

I don’t know. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me eight or nine times?

4 Likes

Trailers.

First: I wish M. Night the best because I loved his first film; the better he does, the more enjoyment my flick experience.

Second: The 3 Stooges movie trailer; it showed all the funniest scenes and looked promising… especially to fans of the original Stooges. But the film? The only laugh out loud funny scenes involved Moe’s always physically violent interactions with the cast of a reality TV show. That was it.

Trailers.

1 Like

Optimism does have its downside… and I oughta’ know!

2 Likes

Well I loved the twist at the end of Unbreakable. Mister Glass is classic, and he’s coming back!

2 Likes

I remember enjoying Lady In The Water. Haven’t watched one of his films in a very long time, however.

I saw a trailer, read a review, gave it a miss as I, too, had figured out the twist. I’m pretty sure I saw a Twilight Zone-like show or read a short story with more or less the same plot, too.

I had totally given up on him before then. I did eventually see Split, because of good reviews. If I hadn’t known it was him, I might have liked it better. As it was, it was [dismissive shrugging motion].

Counterpoint: Unbreakable was silly and anticlimactic. Bruce Willis’s reveal as/transformation into a “superhero” was weird and laughable. “Hey, I’m Superman! /pushes disabled man down stairs, tries to murder some rando, falls in pool almost drowns/ So heroic!”
It felt less like it was deconstructing the superhero movie so much as trying to be one and failing miserably.

1 Like

Hold on… Hold on…

Unbreakable has a sequel?

@anon75430791, save me a seat, wouldja?

4 Likes

boooooooooring. Looks predictable, despite whatever “twist” ending there might be. There will be reveals, fight scenes, “deaths” where the guy bets back up… ugh.

I think maybe you nailed it here, the Shyamalan apologist demographic. I am a sucker for anthology shows like that. My favorite being the 90’s Outer Limits which i stayed up crazy late watching as a teen Sat. Nights.

1 Like

I somehow managed to miss everything he did between Unbreakable and The Visit. This seems to have been sensible, but I’m down for Glass.

1 Like

It’s not actually a liquid?!?!?

3 Likes

By that measure he’s been at death’s door from day one, get him to a mechanic, stat!

He’s done some really good movies, some incomprehensible ones and some utter meh. His last one Split was good and as this is in the continuum of that and Unbreakable we can only hope he’s on form.

The trailer may look good, but remember – trailers lie.

I guess it’s not impossible that Shyamalan might make a watchable movie again, but the odds are strongly against it.

1 Like