Macron, May, and Trudeau snub Ivanka

Lately, between Ivanka on this trip and Jared at his utter farce of a Confab on Palestinian Prosperousness, it’s driving me crazy that these lousy imposters don’t have imposter syndrome. Instead, they cluelessly seem completely at ease and seem to believe they deserve to be there, while constantly displaying a level of competence that would embarrass smart children. (A common refrain from reporters at Jared’s event is that a high school “model UN” would have a better grasp of the issues - and make speeches that weren’t so nonsensical).

We’ve got two inherited wealth idiots, one who ran a second-rate fashion label best known for ripping off other people’s designs and who engaged in real estate fraud, and another who’s a slum lord engaging in money laundering (or some other shady real estate shenanigans). Those are their qualifications for their current, self-appointed, jobs. Every American should be outraged and ashamed.

32 Likes

It’s so much worse than that, though. Because it’s like that kid in school had managed to somehow get into the teacher’s lounge and was trying to butt into the teachers’ conversation about curriculum issues.

She is, but only because they’re all Ralph Wiggums.

19 Likes

You know, I tend to think every person in that video has as much to add as Ivanka, meaning they have assholes stuffed with their own heads quite nicely. A just world would snub every single one of these self-pumping balloons.

2 Likes
17 Likes

I can’t see Lagarde without thinking of one of my favourite Bruce Cockburn songs

1 Like

That or Phoebe Buffay. Without Phoebe’s goofy charm. Or her eclectic intelligence.

4 Likes

Note that the video wasn’t some leak but officially released by the French Presidential Palace. The French government obviously doesn’t care that it embarrasses Ivanka, and by extension, her father. They don’t respect her, and they don’t care who knows it.

18 Likes

It’s sorority rush at the hottest house on campus, but she is sooooo not getting a bid.

1 Like

It’s no surprise Theresa May would latch onto the one person on Earth who makes her look like a qualified politician owing her position to reality-based voters.

I’m sure Christine Lagarde is too genteel to tell someone to fuck off, but if she wanted them to, I’ll bet her demeanor would look a whole lot like it does in this video.

It made me curl my toes so hard I have bound feet now

4 Likes

I have to admit it’s amusing though to see some puffed up gobshites having to share their oh so worthy time and space with a Paris Hilton substitute.

1 Like

Even if they did suffer from it, which they definitely don’t, I think that ‘imposter syndrome’ gets downgraded to garden-variety ‘self doubt’ when you actually are an imposter.

4 Likes

Impostor syndrome requires one to actually be competent.

11 Likes

The beautiful part of being as sophisticated as Lagarde is that one rarely needs to put it into words. That look alone tells the other grownups in the room all they need to know, even if the object of her derision is too dense and self-involved to see it herself.

9 Likes

Wrong syndrome.

8 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of “imposter” here, but it’s spelled “impostor”, and I say that not to be pedantic but because, in this case, you’re leaving the word “impostrix” on the table.

5 Likes

2 Likes

That doubletake when she realizes Ivanka is talking is priceless.

4 Likes

Impostrix; the gall.

8 Likes

This photo is clearly more Russian propaganda aimed at trying to make a member of the trump family look more sophisticated an politically adept than they actually are.

Dunning-Kruger as a lifestyle.

7 Likes