Madison Cawthorn caught by TSA bringing a loaded handgun through airport security — again

Nope

Season 4 No GIF

7 Likes

Seriously, how is he not expelled from Congress for this? Particularly for the second time.
Fucking Wyatt Burp over here.

10 Likes

This is exactly what it is. He doesn’t have an ounce of subtlety in his body. He got embarassed, and had to think of something as quickly as possible to make sure he passed the “Welcome in North Idaho” test.

13 Likes

“Cawthorn did not face any criminal charges for the incident.”

And that’s why he knew he could do it again.

Considering the low percentage of guns that are actually caught by TSA, you can imagine how many times he’s actually done it.

19 Likes

Even 99% of certified idiots can understand how stupid it is to bring a loaded gun to the airport.

6 Likes

Not 110%, they try so hard though…

4 Likes

That was my first thought but then I realized he’s probably really good at carefully placing it so they will notice.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Heck, let him try again-I bet he’s big on three-strike laws.

4 Likes

But once in a while…

Congress is in session and so he can’t be arrested or detained for charges for a felony while traveling on business. They probably know it just isn’t worth the effort.

1 Like

The Washington Examiner is a pretty right-wing publication and it seems likely that a fellow conservative leaked those lingerie party photos.

I’m wondering if the GOP decided that the dope was too big of a liability after the whole “telling the press that senior Republican legislators were inviting him to coke orgies” thing and they’re throwing him under the bus now while there’s still time to replace him with someone else in the upcoming primary.

11 Likes

“No consequences” is the default

They don’t need a special excuse

1 Like

This is plain wrong.

This is simply wrong.

See here:

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/artI_S6_C1_1_2/

11 Likes

Caught twice. How many times did he get away with it?

2 Likes

3 Likes

If you consider all weapons violations, not just the ones at the airports, it’s been way more than twice now. Plus the jerk keeps driving and racking up traffic citations with a revoked driver’s license.

11 Likes

Thanks! I thought that seemed wrong, but hadn’t read about that clause in a while. Seems to be making the rounds right now, though. Someone had the same wrong take on it over on the Empty Gee thread. I wonder if it’s coming from some right-wing content mill…

4 Likes

Cawthorn is a massive tool of course, but let’s all go easy on the heteronormative kink shaming. There’s nothing wrong with cross dressing. Just because we hate this guy doing it is no reason that a lot of other people doing it harmlessly should be made to feel shame about themselves.

3 Likes

The goal of the TSA is to make common people THINK that air travel is safe. The actual safety they provide is not relevant to this goal. So when something like this is found the person is taken aside usually out of earshot of other passengers and asked calmly if they know about anything dangerous in their bags. The goal is to keep the incident quiet and unknown to near by passengers.

In fact the surprising thing here is not that this idiot tried to bring a gun again onto a flight, but that he was caught either time. In tests the TSA has had an abysmal record catching people bringing weapons onto flights.