MAGA cultist sees through the hoax of science by decoding the meaning of COVID-19: "See Sheep Surrender"

I’m trying to decipher the expression on the face of the bloke interviewing her; there are a number of interpretations I can think of.

3 Likes

Not for nothing, but in Hebrew Gematria, your phrase comes out to 11457.

the conspiracy theorist use of gematria is biggest pile of woo and nonsense ever you can pretty much massage the output for something to mean what ever you want value in Gematria is 11457.

6 Likes

It’s also always extremely funny to me to hear all these new devout adherents to an obscure branch of religious study within Jewish Mysticism repeatedly mispronounce “Gematria” (which has a hard ‘G’).

9 Likes

Took a day tour by bus of the Grand Canyon … the driver was convinced that there are space aliens walking along the Vegas Strip … they are covered head to toe and have cooling technology underneath because no human could survive in those getups. I suggested maybe he was seeing people who’s ethnic or religious origins influence what they wear - maybe a burqa.

I got his drift… he was saying those women were in fact aliens or something less human, suspicious for sure with devices under there, probably a threat. Aurg. fk’n racists.

13 Likes
10 Likes

And let’s not forget Sally sells seashells, by the seashore.

6 Likes

Almost everyone in America is taught, from birth, to believe in the supernatural, not to believe the evidence of their senses, that they shouldn’t expect to understand, or be able to make sense of, reality, since the lord works in mysterious ways, and that it is a virtue, not a vice, to believe things which make no sense whatsoever, since that just shows how strong your faith is. None of the bullshit the MAGA cultists believe is nearly as nonsensical as the belief in Santa Claus (a lie supported by every adult I ever knew as a child, without exception), or virgin births, or even the idea that you can be a monotheist despite the fact that your religion has you worshipping (at least) three gods (one of whom happened to be a human being). A survey not that long ago showed that 77 percent of Americans believe angels are real. Is it any surprise that minds that develop in such an environment will be incapable of identifying and rejecting bullshit theories and explanations? That no facts, however clear, would lead them to abandon their cherished ideas? I don’t think we can blame our educational system for any of this, except insofar as it is isn’t permitted to call bullshit on students most cherished illogical commitments.

7 Likes

Key portion:

“All right," said Susan. “I’m not stupid. You’re saying humans need… fantasies to make life bearable.”
REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
“Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—”
YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
“So we can believe the big ones?”
YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
“They’re not the same at all!”
YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME…SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.
“Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what’s the point—”
MY POINT EXACTLY.”
― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

27 Likes

And also Gaiman with Sandman:

People think dreams aren’t real just because they aren’t made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes. Things need not have happened to be true.

17 Likes

Man, we need to bring back the old weed strains.

4 Likes
11 Likes

When I put COV(ariance) ID(entification) 19 into my secret science-name-decoder ring I get ■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ (I can’t just just give it away)

Don't tell anyone

All names actually encode dois of relevant articles, grant announcements, job posting, or of course Ovaltine commercials

8 Likes

“ Wow that’s the first I ever heard of that…”

4 Likes

That’s a new one.

1 Like

According to your website, in simple Gematria the sentence comes our to 1674.

In the year 1674 the remains of the Princes in the Tower were found, giving rise to one of the first conspiracy theories.

COINCIDENCE??? I THINK NOT!

4 Likes

Besides, Covid works out to 766 according to the calculator I found online.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.