MAGA cultist sees through the hoax of science by decoding the meaning of COVID-19: "See Sheep Surrender"

Originally published at: MAGA cultist sees through the hoax of science by decoding the meaning of COVID-19: "See Sheep Surrender" | Boing Boing

8 Likes

star get GIF

48 Likes

“The right wing crazies found it out. We’d better change the name.”
“Maybe this time we should make up one without hidden clues?”
“That’s not how we do things, Bob.”

41 Likes

This LOL’ed it’s way from that twitter thread to BBS:

39 Likes

“Ovid means sheep, look it up.”

Does she not know how easy it is to actually look it up?

16 Likes

A friend of mine described an Uber ride he recently took: in only 15 minutes of travel the Uber driver ran down a list of every possible conspiracy you could think of-- evolution isn’t real, the moon landing was faked, the Earth is flat and outer space doesn’t even exist, he protects his kids from COVID by rubbing onions on their feet, etc etc etc.

I don’t necessarily think our educational system has completely failed, it’s just been seriously hamstrung by a lack of funding and support, as well as by the internet providing a mis-educational system that a lot of people find more appealing-- now they can believe exactly what they want to believe by citing “research” they did online. There is also this rush they get by thinking they “discovered the secret truth that’s been deliberately hidden from us.”

15 Likes

That would just prove how evil the Woke Illimunati are. They’ve replaced all the sheep on the internet with DIRTY POETRY!!! Quick! Pas me muh shootin irons!

13 Likes

Damn!!! Just make her Trump’s running mate right now. No one is going to be more qualified than her.

9 Likes

She would take away too much attention from 45.

10 Likes

More cunning than y’all give her credit for. If she gets the libs trying to say “see sheep surrender” three times fast, she’ll get them all tongue-tied and unable to use their sneaky weapon of free speech.

14 Likes

well THAT’s a one star uber ride.

15 Likes

Publius Ovidius Naso would be so surprised…

11 Likes

naaaah: CO(mpany)V(five)ID(i.d.) it’s in the bible people, look it up! ("well perhaps in your new age unexpurgated apocrypha xeno sucks edition)

11 Likes

Honestly no. His name legitimately means something to the effect of “people’s man shepherd, with the nose”. Of course Ovidius Naso is the family name so probably some ancestor’s nose is being referenced.

9 Likes

I think its about time we reveal to the MAGAts/Q-Balls about the secret anti-woke pureblood army forming up Runit Island and how it is the paradise of their dreams in the South Pacific.

6 Likes

The conspiracy theorist use of gematria is biggest pile of woo and nonsense ever. You can pretty much massage the output for something to mean what ever you want.

20 Likes

you misspelled fascist…

also…

21 Likes

I’m not the one saying their cornbread ain’t done in the middle… I’m saying we need a better mental health safety net. You disagree with that position?

1 Like

It has nothing to do with the fascism this woman is expressing. It’s off-topic at best, and derailing at worse.

14 Likes

I am going to nip this in the bud right here. While some conspiracy theorists or Qanon followers probably live with a mental health issue (as is true with many individuals not in those groups), it’s not appropriate to assume that they all do (or even that most do). Bigotry, manipulation by groups and initiatives that leave people un- or under-educated on topics and that benefit from an uneducated population (aka “Fash”), and even just run-of-the-mill evil people that want to see the world burn and don’t care who it hurts play a much larger role here. To try and suggest that this sort of thinking is only attributable to a mental illness both let those bad actors off the hook and also stigmatizes those people who are in fact, living with a mental illness and get unfairly lumped in with these groups, or worse, are stigmatized as a result.

Please don’t do that. Preferably anywhere, but especially here. Thanks.

35 Likes