MAGA election worker harassed out of job by ultra-MAGA folk

Originally published at: MAGA election worker harassed by Trumpers

5 Likes

That phone has been ringing off the hook since at least 2016 but at least he’s finally answering.

23 Likes

True MAGA folks should know that they have had their ranks infiltrated by vast numbers who would not blindly follow trump to the final contest! They should suspect every MAGA flag waver and red-hat wearer of contriving to betray the lord trump.

25 Likes

Obligatory “I didn’t think the leopard would eat my face!”

26 Likes

Claiming to be woke? Surprising.

19 Likes

“If only all MAGA zombies could experience what it’s like to be an election official“

Ok…but please, only as part of a simulation!

13 Likes

i’m surprised they’ve finally moved past freedom fries…

16 Likes

“It probably won’t try to eat my face a second time.”
And no one learned a valuable lesson. The end.

20 Likes

The “awful” experience also has him worrying about the country’s democracy. “We’re going backwards,” he told CNN. “We’re going to a primitive time period.”

“I’m very worried about this country. Things have gotten very furry, and quite bitey,” said the man who supports the face-eating leopards.

16 Likes

“You woke up a sleeping giant.”
Ummm… who’s woke now?

11 Likes

I somehow doubt this is because they finally realized that the concept of deep frying chopped up potatoes originated in Belgium.

7 Likes

Unless you are two-faced the leopard can only eat your face once. /s

6 Likes

So, Arizonians, is there a big difference between these counties?

2 Likes

“I believe that if we continue to take these easy choices, and we go down this path of least resistance in the name of convenience, it’s not going to be too long before every vote is by mail…”

Why not? Several US states have done it this way for ages. I’ve done it that way for at least the last 3 elections and it’s great. I don’t even have to ask for it anymore as we could opt in to it being mail standardized. I get an email saying its coming, I fill it out when I want, at the pace I want, doing research on candidates or issues on the ballot I didn’t know, send it back, and get an email when it is tagged as arriving and another when it is counted.

Why would I want a less convenient system? And I can easily drive the ~10m to the closest polling place…but why??

7 Likes

The republican party has long understood that the easier it is for people to vote, the less chance they have at winning elections - generally speaking.

13 Likes

It’s kind of fun watching how Republicans squirm to rationalize the fact that Donald Trump also votes by mail.

The refrain is usually “that’s not voting by mail, that is voting with an absentee ballot” as if there is any difference between those two things.

9 Likes

Complete understand, and I guess I should have realized it’s the messenger not the message. I’m in a solidly blue and not changing any time soon state. Our governor has done so well with so little general fanfare that the chief point his opponents bring up is “he’s fat”.

3 Likes

Oregon has voted 100% by mail for over 20 years.

The UK runs all elections by paper ballots at local assigned polling stations. I’ve never in my life had to walk more than 15 minutes to my local station, usually less. There are supplementary laws fo postal voting and proxy voting.

It isn’t hard, if you actually want people to vote.

6 Likes

11 Likes

And if “something didn’t look right,” the poll worker could present them with a “literacy test.”

8 Likes