MAGA gentleman says Trump just needs to tell Putin to "knock it off" and he'll withdraw from Ukraine

Ventriloquist dummies don’t turn on the person whose hand is up their ass, fool. (Except in horror movies)

9 Likes

I am assuming that he is thinking of things like “Mr. Zelensky, would you care for a cup of tea?”, while Putin pours.

That seems about right

8 Likes

I’m sure Putin would listen. He knocks things off all the time.

8 Likes

Biden forgot to say “hey” :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Those kinds of interviews are where the press really frustrates me. Why let such an inane statement go? If you don’t challenge him on that, all you’ve done is given him your platform to campaign on.

Press him on what he would actually say that is so magical and if he refuses, then call him on it. “If you can’t give us some indication of the strategy you’re alluding to, we must assume you have no strategy. This is the foreign policy equivalent of claiming you have a girlfriend who goes to another school so you wouldn’t know her”.

Then end the interview there if he hasn’t stormed off in a huff already. The press is supposed to speak truth to power, not give power a platform for gibberish.

8 Likes

It’s all about ratings, and not seeming to “take sides”… this is the outcome of the end of the fairness doctrine at the end of the Reagan administration…

The right wing has used the end of that to threaten any actual news organization that tries to hold people on the right to account for their words and deeds… They’ve regularly tried to strip away the pittance that NPR and PBS (CPB) get from the federal government, for example. Their whinging about social media “silencing conservative voices” is an extension of that.

12 Likes

Ugh, that makes sense. I hate that it does, but it does. If one side is saying inane things and gets called on it constantly whereas the other side is reasonable and gets spoken to like adults, it could look “unfair” in a certain light. The right has clearly weaponized that dilemma.

Double ugh. I’m going back to bed.

13 Likes

Oh me too! The end of the fairness doctrine gave us the right wing eco-system, and helped the underground white supremacist movement to get a seat at the GOP table. There is a direct line between the rise of Trump and the end of that policy…

doctor who pat GIF

I feel ya.

10 Likes

Sometimes it’s even worse than that. Having worked in TV news, sometimes it actually comes down to “well, if we ask him a follow-up question we’ll go over our allotted time for this segment”. That’s some banality of evil crap.

11 Likes

Hey, it goes back to Nixon claiming the same in 1968, so lies like this have a storied tradition.

6 Likes

rattle

This was actually a conversation?
This is a piss-take, right?
Right?

please, right?

1 Like

Except Nixon actively sabotaged peace negotiations in order to advance his political career. Prolonged a war to get elected.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/06/nixon-vietnam-candidate-conspired-with-foreign-power-win-election-215461/

7 Likes

God damn Nixon…

Richard Nixon GIF by GIPHY News

4 Likes

Yeah, who’s a thunk we’d grudgingly appreciate that evil asshole? Well, I still don’t, because his banal disrespect for the law brought about the incompetence and sadisim of the modern GOP.

May his corpse rot and his name remain unloved.

4 Likes

Kissinger still lives.

2 Likes

Baby Reaction GIF

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.