MAGA "mob" gathers outside Trump Tower before announcement, and it's all so sad (video)

He won’t even have to. He’ll just tell his diehard fans to boycott the elections entirely. Hell, he won’t even have to tell them to; they’ll just do it out of spite. Because that’s what MAGAts run on: spite.

15 Likes

I’m rooting for Merrick Garland to do something soon, not Trump. I’d be fine if TFG never spoke another word again. He brings out the worst in his people, and many of them were not that great to start with.

23 Likes

We just came off the best midterm election of a sitting president in history, defying almost all the odds , pollsters, and even a number of unfairly gerrymandered maps. This was due to the hard work of numerous Democratic operatives up and down the chain. My parents , in their 70s, were sleeping 3 hours a night at the phone bank for a week working in their county offices.

So it’s kind of a bad take to have this result and then just shit on the people who did the work as if they’re not capable.

25 Likes

I like NPR’s headline

ETA: this article doesn’t discuss what he said in the announcement. Just about the paperwork getting filed and some analysis

21 Likes

That was just a practice round.

7 Likes

We’ll see if the Dem leadership takes these midterms as an impetus for complacency going toward 2024 or for what it actually was: a near-run thing that bought them some much-needed time to take action.* That some of them are apparently cheering on von Clownstick becoming the nominee in 2024 unfortunately indicates more of the former attitude (remember how well rooting for that “sure loser” worked out for everyone in 2016?).

It is not disrespecting the volunteers who did the actual hard GOTV work to point out what should be the obvious fact that the leadership – especially on the national level – is not always worthy of their effort and has often dropped the ball despite that effort. They deserve more leaders like Stacey Abrams.

[* There was a lot of work involved in this result but also a lot of demographic luck – Millennials are starting to finally tilt the balance of electoral clout away from Boomers. Also, the GOP self-owned with abortion and election denial, respectively bringing out new women voters and turning off moneyCons. The outcome: while we thankfully avoided a red wave, GOP control of the House likely means no voting rights reform and legislative paralysis or worse.]

15 Likes
12 Likes

Turn Up Reaction GIF by Laff

10 Likes

I hear the sound of the RNC frantically turning off the flow to Biff’s legal defenses.

19 Likes

From the article:

Where did they find a credible Republican to ask their opinion?

21 Likes

Place your bets: a Trump-Lake ticket until he blames her for a poor performance in the primaries.

7 Likes

Probably at the NYT Editorial Desk.

11 Likes

Sarah Palin is still looking for a job

6 Likes

Yeah, would be nice if this split the GQP. Best outcome we can hope for.

19 Likes

A good analysis from Beau. What underlies it is that all GOP candidates and their party establishment are going to spend the next two years testing and calibrating how to simultaneously downplay the various aspects of their shared fascist agenda to the wider electorate while also letting the the Know-Nothing base know that they’re still very serious about enacting them.

Biff or no Biff, the GOP is in the hands of the MAGAts. The prospective nominees will have to appeal to them, and the current front-runners like DeSantis and Pence and Haley and Cruz will be happy to do so.

15 Likes

And risk alcohol poisoning? You might as well tilt the bottle up when he starts talking, and not lower it until he’s done

12 Likes

I also like that guy quoting Bill Cosby through his “Dad”: “I brought you into this world and I can take you out”…what the hell is he even talking about?

7 Likes

Who are the rapists this time?

And Musk will use this as an excuse to let him back in Twitter.

So tired of this fucking guy

3 Likes

They do love their flags :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I didn’t watch the thing live but he did seem kind of tired and deflated in the clip I saw on the news. His rhetoric is as dangerous and hateful as ever but he definitely didn’t have the energy and enthusiasm from some of those earlier fascist rallies.

7 Likes