MAGA "mob" gathers outside Trump Tower before announcement, and it's all so sad (video)

10 Likes

That was a quote from Alyssa Farah Griffin, who worked in the Trump administration but resigned shortly after the 2020 election and turned on Trump after January 6. She’s now the token conservative on the View. She still acts like there are reasonable Republicans out there, even though her own father skipped her wedding because she turned on Trump. It’s really hard to overcome a lifetime of conditioning, I guess. Maybe at some point she’ll realize that entire party is garbage.

14 Likes

Can we expect new hats?

MAGAGA

Make America Great And Glorious Again

Where’s Randy Rainbow with a Radio Gaga spoof?

3 Likes

Not in the mood for alcohol poisoning.

10 Likes

I can’t be nice. These people are horrible, stupid people. They say the most incoherent, awful things, then grin like jack o’ lanterns at their perceived wit.

8 Likes

Trump supporters: Four more years! Four more years!

Me: Twenty-five to life! Twenty-five to life!

18 Likes

There’s a sign for that.

17 Likes

I’m honestly just sad for that guy on the right. What a horrible father he had to grow up with.

4 Likes

While I have sympathy for those who were damaged growing up under a Strict Father parenting model, it reaches a limit with those who gleefully act out their right-wing views in public. These are people who know there are other, less toxic options out there in the wider world they’ve made their stage but who make an affirmative choice to continue in a family tradition of being arseholes.

8 Likes

I suspect that this isn’t their aim; but “It’s Trump or death” reads like a compelling argument for legalizing euthanasia on humanitarian grounds.

10 Likes

MAGA: You’ll never leave!!

15 Likes

Welcome to the Hotel Mar-A-Lago.

26 Likes

This might be part of the damage you mention, I’m no psych expert; but in this case it seems like there’s not really a viable path to both cling to abusive Trump-daddy and not act out in public:

It’s obviously the case that a lot of ‘strict fathers’ are just abusive assholes; but the noble theory is that the strict father both rewards and punishes as part of producing self-reliant and self-disciplined children.

Since Trump hasn’t…exactly…‘rewarded’(outside a very narrow circle of nepotism cronies and plutocrat-tier tax cuts) except in the sense of ‘owning the libs’; and evidently knows so little of self-reliance or self-discipline that he’d be hard pressed to instill it even by accident the only way he can be plausibly interpreted as some sort of disciplinarian, rather than just an indulgent man-child who frankly isn’t that competent, is if you specifically focus on his punishment of assorted outgroups and treat that, along with some more or less empty flattery, as the evidence of his efficacy as punisher and his efficacy as rewarder of people who dislike the same outgroups.

Without the public indulgence of their id; there’s really no ‘reward’ half; and the ‘punishment’ half is not terribly dissimilar from what they’d get from more or less any of the much less colorful republicans who would also continue working to unfetter the very highest tax brackets and mostly ignore the little people except for the obligatory campaign trail diner stop.

4 Likes

Where they still have segregated bathrooms, no doubt.

9 Likes

I get what you’re saying, especially in regard to a Strict Father figure who’s also a grifter. Still, these are grown men with life options who’ve made a choice.

8 Likes

I can’t make myself listen to that guy, but just even based on the stuff in this fact-checking coverage, it seems really boring. Other than gas prices, the topics just seem very out of touch with what your average voter would care about.

6 Likes

Well, there’s always Rupert.

2 Likes

If it happens, Murdoch won’t give that endorsement to the Dems for free. There’s always a quid pro quo with that lich, so the question will be whether or not the Dem pays the price.

4 Likes

Wow - the guy doing the slit throat thing and signalling to his buddy it’s time to leave…

4 Likes

You can’t trust the Rupe. He’ll pivot any time when it suits his interests.

5 Likes