MAGA "mob" gathers outside Trump Tower before announcement, and it's all so sad (video)

Sure. That’s a given.

But I’m also fairly confident Rupe has long since done the calculations and figures another Trump presidency will be worse for his interests than any other alternative.

What late-stage capitalist exploiters value above all else is stability and predictability.

4 Likes

As English conservative politician Chris Patten put it “the thing about Rupert is that if you need him, he isn’t there”.
Just like Tory Blair’s “new” Labour Party, which was winning anyway but handed him whatever he wanted until he shafted them for a clown car of evil idiots. He deserves nothing. Get into power not beholden to him in your once in a generation opportunity, then break out the antitrust enforcement and make him the head of one small company in a diverse media environment.

Then you can really start fixing the world.

ETA
He said that decades ago when Murdoch was dumping his party for Labour. Not recently when he sued him over his memoirs.

9 Likes

No different than the rest:

National Review has greeted Trump’s candidacy with another of its patented editorials rejecting his candidacy. A number of anti-Trump commentators have greeted this position as a welcome change, given the magazine’s history of either defending Trump or running interference on his behalf.

But the editorial simply articulates the same position the magazine has held all along. NR wants somebody other than Trump to lead the Republican party. But if Trump is leading the Republican party, they will fall in line. The latter part is perfectly obvious if you read all the way to the third-to-last paragraph:

" Needless to say, Trump is a magnetic political figure who has managed to bond countless millions of Republicans to him. Many GOP voters appreciate his combativeness and hate his enemies, who so often engaged in excesses in pursuit of him. Once he won the nomination in 2016, they understandably voted for him in 2016 and 2020, given the alternatives. But the primaries won’t present a choice between Trump and progressives with calamitous priorities for the nation, but other Republicans who aren’t, in contrast to him, monumentally selfish or morally and electorally compromised. (And it should be added, won’t be 78 years old if elected and ineligible to serve two terms.)"

They think Trump’s lack of discipline undermined his goals. But if Trump does manage to secure the nomination, NR and the conservative party mainstream will once again discover that the horrors of the Democratic party outweigh whatever small misgivings they have with Trump. Disdaining Trump as a probable loser is a very far cry from not wanting him to win. via the intelligencer

5 Likes

No one else taken aback by the claim that Nancy Pelosi’s husband is “a cruiser who cruises for rough trade on Castro Street”

The depth of knowledge of gay culture required to drop that particular phrase is sort of… surprising given who’s delivering it.

5 Likes

I just love that genteel tippy tapping on the desantis flag. Such delicate stomping. They probably wanna keep it in good shape if they need to fly it later.

7 Likes

He got terrible ratings. This show will be canceled after the pilot.

8 Likes

I’m here for this – thanks Carla !
–p

1 Like

I believe he does.

It’s a turd balanced precariously upon a melon against a sky-blue background.

It’s not my favorite flag, TBF.

ETA: quote from @smulder

4 Likes

fuckin’… yikes

1 Like

:musical_note:
You don’t wanna go…
It’s a bit fat no…
Plenty of room empty seats at the… etc, ad infinitum.

2 Likes

MUH TAXES :scream:

3 Likes

I’m no Randy, but maybe the bridge and chorus of a Radio Gaga spoof could be something like:
[Spoken] Look,
[Sung] You had your time, you had your power
You were certainly not our finest hour
Oh, here we go (here we go)
[Spoken interjection] Great.

All we need is mo’ MAGAGA, gah.
MAGA goo goo
All we need is mo’ MAGAGA, gah.
MAGA blah, blah
MAGA, fuck you
MAGA, no-one still loves you

2 Likes

Not bad.

I’ve been singing Radio Gaga all day today but it don’t take much for me to start singing anything by Queen.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.