MAGA's Nancy Mace wears a scarlet letter "A" on her chest, as in ... ashamed? (video)

Originally published at: MAGA's Nancy Mace wears a scarlet letter "A" on her chest, as in … ashamed? (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Always fun to watch the party of enforced religious moralities failing to understand the books they read way back in high school.

21 Likes

It’s short for asshole.

17 Likes

‘A’ for attention, perhaps?

13 Likes

16 Likes

Fixed. I can just imagine the book report she gave. “The Scarlet Letter, by Nathaniel Hawthorne, published by Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, this paperback edition copyright 1979, all rights reserved is about an olden days lady who wore a red A on her dress for Thanksgiving. Scarlet is another way of saying red…”

19 Likes

This is such an interesting book to pick as a protest.

8 Likes

But it’s confusing, as it doesn’t specify which asshole. Trump? Gaetz? Jordan?

5 Likes

herself?

11 Likes
5 Likes

I’m confused about what she’s trying to convey here. Confused on many levels, but primarily, why would she be targeted for voting against McCarthy anymore than all the other people who voted against McCarthy? It wasn’t an unpopular opinion, per se, since he is in fact no longer Speaker. Is this just performative victim hood, like when American Christians pretend to be persecuted?

12 Likes

getting warmer documentary now GIF by IFC

13 Likes

So, shouldn’t it be a scarlet “V”?

3 Likes
2 Likes

ivanhoe

8 Likes

Or “A book burner”

2 Likes

All of them.

3 Likes

This amused me in a depressing way. What a terrible person

4 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

ETA: Two of my particular gripes…because hypocrisy.

Asinine Pleas for Republicans not to “be assholes to women” when the party is hellbent on banning abortion, and Mace is complicit in it.

Arguments that state lawmakers used a “stark racial gerrymander” to draw Mace’s seat to suppress the power of Black voters.

5 Likes

Make Adultery Great Again!

3 Likes