Magical History Tour

Cross post from BLM:

9 Likes

Big Boi Oh Lord GIF by Fuse

[ETA]

Black Panther art!

And…

7 Likes

Bryn Mawr College to remove former president’s name from library after legacy of antisemitism and white supremacy

4 Likes

Today is the 112th anniversary of the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire… a key event in the history of american labor…

Also, this song…

[ETA]

Richard Nixon GIF by GIPHY News

13 Likes
5 Likes

Wow. This explains so much about the background to Rand Paul’s ideology that I just never really knew.

5 Likes

The book sounds interesting. I’m definitely gonna put it on my x-mas list this year.

[ETA]

Adding here to avoid having 2 in a row…

5 Likes

That what an interesting article.

Sharing. Thanks!

4 Likes
8 Likes

So are empathy, compassion, and solidarity fucker.

9 Likes

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

When people like that start insisting that it’s only “human nature” that people “want to be with their own kind” it’s pure bullshit and always has been. It’s always been an excuse for violence against people they don’t like.

10 Likes

Portraying cultural things as “natural” and therefore above interrogation is a strategy of the right wing. Women’s place is in the home, and I base this on a particular period of capitalist, imperialist, white history and generalise without ever cracking an anthropology book open. I’m looking at you Kermit Thee Peterson.

10 Likes

Kristen Wiig Yep GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

And they keep reading shitty history books that make up lies about the past to support their “arguments”… “Well, this is how people lived since civilization began!” :roll_eyes: WRONG assholes! Just, WRONG…

6 Likes
4 Likes

I neglected bourgeois in that rant. Working class women under capitalism have always done the factory work at the bottom of the heap.
Which is kind of funny because in most hunter gatherer peoples the women, while also looking after the children, gathered most of the nutrition. Hunting served other purposes but large game hunting has never been a value proposition for nutrition.

6 Likes

Here is a couple of Bruce Fummey videos about the PIcts…

6 Likes

As they say, Picts or it didn’t happen.

8 Likes

11 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

10 Likes

Those dudes probably wouldn’t understand the motivation to invent a dishwasher, either!

8 Likes