"Magnetized" nurse's demonstration of metal key sticking to her because of vaccine backfires

Originally published at: "Magnetized" nurse's demonstration of metal key sticking to her because of vaccine backfires | Boing Boing

3 Likes

My question: how is this science-denying lunatic allowed to remain employed as a healthcare professional?

[Answer: because Murika!]

36 Likes

Her condescending tone when asking whether anyone can explain that should be a sound file on the Wikipedia article on the Dunning-Kruger syndrome.

16 Likes

Re-posting the “cure”

Edit: spelling (it’s early). Also, thank you Amazing Randi, we miss you.

18 Likes

If anyone can explain this that would be great.

Short version or long version?

Long version: Aluminium is not a magnetic material so whatever was sticking that aluminium key to your chest, it was not magnetism. It was in fact adhesion merely due to the sweat and natural oils on your skin. But I know I’ve already used too many words for your limited brain to follow, so here’s the short version.

Short version: YOU ARE AN UTTER FUCKWIT!

21 Likes

LOL

36 Likes

Just one question:

fucking magnets GIF by hero0fwar

41 Likes

Demonic possession?

7 Likes

24 Likes

magnets ! not defined by ’ old fashioned ’ classical physics ! still , only first year college math , string theory not needed at this level , slight familiarity with quantum mechanics basics is recommended , but only a little bit !!
of course , a deeper dive will take much more math and quantum weirdness comfortability ;
https://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/II_34.html
( did i post this 20 times yesterday ?? or was it 42 times ? )
( are whippets magnetic ?? i do seem drawn to them ! )
< edit > ( seems like maybe it was 2 days ago when i posted this feynman lecture many , many , many times https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/watch-anti-vaccine-crank-tells-public-meeting-that-vaccines-cause-cutlery-to-stick-to-your-head/ )

2 Likes

A simpler proof: magnets stick to magnets, right? So how come you try slapping a little neomodium magnet to your skin, it falls off?

Is it repelled by the stupidness?

7 Likes

Does she float? Has she turned anybody into a newt lately?

11 Likes

Uh, duh…

mlp-fin-puremagic-ICP-ponies

21 Likes

I didn’t expect to lol this early without a full cup of coffee in me yet.
Star Trek Applause GIF

11 Likes

amy poehler smiling GIF

19 Likes

The funny thing is, the woman in the back is wearing a shirt that says “Yes on HB 248” (House Bill 248 | The Ohio Legislature) which is the bill the woman in the video is trying to support with her magnetic charms.

12 Likes

I have a magnetic personality, does that count?

11 Likes

“It sticks to my neck too” is the “Stop resisting!” of the paranormal world.

5 Likes

Based on how she began presenting her “findings”, it seems she spent a lot of time researching:

I just found out something when I was on lunch

4 Likes

Back in college, friends of mine and I used to do the old Gonzo the Great “Spoon Hanging” thing, where we’d (obviously enough, I suppose) hang spoons from our noses. Can anyone explain that?

10 Likes