Watch: anti-vaccine crank tells public meeting that vaccines cause cutlery to stick to your head

Originally published at: Watch: anti-vaccine crank tells public meeting that vaccines cause cutlery to stick to your head | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Tenpenny has a long and “illustrious” career as an antivax crank, most just as sensible as this crap. I love Australia, but they can please take this one back. We have enough assholes of our own, no need to import them.

22 Likes

Small correction for future reference: by the definition of the great Charlie Pierce in his book “Idiot America”, Tenpenny is more accurately termed a charlatan. He makes the distinction as follows:

The American crank is one of the great by-products of the American experiment. The country was founded on untested, radical ideas…The American crank stood alone, a pioneer gazing at the frontier of his own mind the way the actual pioneers looked out over the prairie…American cranks did not seek out respectable opinion. It had to come to them…As the margins (of respectability) moved, the cranks either found their place within the new boundaries they’d helped to devise, or moved even further out, and began their work anew. That was their essential value. That was what made them purely American cranks. The country was designed to be an ongoing and evolving experiment. The American crank sensed this more deeply than did most of the rest of the country.

[…]

A charlatan is a crank with a book deal and a radio program and a suit in federal court. A charlatan succeeds only in Idiot America. A charlatan is a crank who succeeds too well. A charlatan is a crank who’s sold out.

31 Likes

If we’re doing kids’ magic tricks as conspiracy bait now, just wait until this lady finds out about the shocking amount of grandpas around the country whose fingers can be removed and reattached!

41 Likes

Watch this anti vaccine crank…

37 Likes

Not to mention the shocking number of noses they have stolen from innocent children!

40 Likes

It’s worse than I thought! Democrats are not taking the kids for some fear hormone that keeps them young, they’re stealing the kids’ noses to power finger regeneration and body magnetism. It was wood/metal shop teachers who need to regrow fingers and find dropped screws all along!

13 Likes

Can’t wait to get fully vaccinated so we can travel again. I can turn off the GPS on my phone so I can’t be tracked, and use my new magnetic powers to navigate all over the world!

22 Likes

You can also use your forehead as a handy place to store your keys and assorted cutlery.

20 Likes
1 Like

6 Likes

But aren’t most keys made out of brass?

8 Likes

25 Likes

Holy heck. Spent 8 years getting BS/MS in EE and if I tried explaining to this person or her followers why she was wrong they’d probably just shake their heads and tell me I need to WAKE UP!

I have a prosthetic hip and a screw in my foot. Ask this lady what the difference is between iron and titanium, their magnetic properties, and how to make one of them (guess which!) into a clarified injectable solution then I’ll stop laughing at her and I won’t call her an idiot (I’ll just ask for her sources). Until then…

75f77253-691e-492b-ae1a-e54d001661b7_1.d6e14da81cf1f3a17ced251b0d19d005

8 Likes

Um…forks and knives typically aren’t magnetic?

3 Likes

Magnetic humans are a serious problem, fortunately James Randi has the cure…

9 Likes

They probably think X-Men 2 was a documentary

5 Likes

Years ago I found that at a local Bob Evans restaurant, about half of their forks and knives were in fact magnetic (they even stuck to each other) and half weren’t despite looking identical. Odd.

2 Likes

Had the cure, sadly, since he passed away last October.

2 Likes

Although it’s a BB post, best not to link to that shameful hatchet job of an obituary written by a woo peddler. Here’s a better one.

10 Likes