Maine confiscates a vegan family's "obscene" vanity license plate

I’m not getting it …

1 Like

Be glad of that.

It’s not that exciting. Just “NCST” = incest. (Unless I’m missing something!)

6 Likes

In Sean Connery’s accent, hopefully?

Or maybe TOFULVR for Tofu Lover?

4 Likes

Ah. I see.

1 Like

7 Likes

I didn’t get a snap of it but a couple of times out here in the SF East Bay I’ve seen a guy driving a BMW with the license plate “5150 MF” – no idea how they got that one through the DMV Censors.

If it’s ambiguous, it’s just gonna be a problem for somebody.

Kinda O/T: that said, I remember Penistone Malt Vinegar, a bottle on every table at some U.S. fish & chips chain – can’t remember who, Captain D’s maybe? Treacher’s? – it was 50 years ago. Nice people just did not say ‘penis’ in public in those days, so mispronouncing it would earn you a major stinkeye at least. (first 3 vowels are short, last is silent) Apparently the vinegar company, based in Penistone, South Yorkshire, UK, closed in '83; I don’t know if the fish & chips co. is still around. The town still gets a lotta crap about it, I guess.

2 Likes

Once it’s in a stir-fry or such, esp if it gets crispy, I’m good with tofu. However my partner must be the one to purchase it, because for some reason i can’t bear it, even though I have no problems with other instances or combos of firm/creamy/slippery/wet foods.

it freaks me out, dunno

Or just a slightly-degraded-by-time but totally sullied mind like mine. I am sorry we are not sharing the same gutter :wink:

Funny how they don’t mention his other car that has a CKMILFS plate based on how Calvin Klein majorly influenced his life’s fundamental structure.

i recently saw a plate that contained only the capital letter versions of m, n, v

ive got no idea why the state let them have that. i guess maybe everything’s all license plate scanners these days anyway - but no human i think could have figured out what was what

i guess worse is no license plate, which ive been seeing a lot of these past few years. no idea how they make it down the block - or even park it anywhere - without getting hassled

1 Like

license_plate_2x

10 Likes

I suggest they get a vanity plate reading “FUME”.

I’d vote that one cannot have a license plate that is just wrong. Such as this monstrosity I saw earlier.

Its Octopodes

11 Likes

Are you sure that’s not just the number of radians in all four wheels?

16 Likes

Well done. Very well done.

8 Likes

Oh yeah:

(It’s pronounced ‘pen-is-tun’)

7 Likes

I’m just amazed that someone likes tofu enough to spend money on a plate.

2 Likes

It’s the arse biscuit penis combo that got me chuckling, like something my brother would scrawl on a wall as a ten year old

4 Likes