Make custom maps with Mapchart

I just think of it as north, north Texas, with tornadoes.

I’m not convinced it’s a real place. I have my doubts about Nebraska, too. I seem to remember being in South Dakota, so that one must exist.

3 Likes

Who?

I think they think of it being like Dorthy’s house. Dirt farming and shit kicking.

Granted Western Kansas is pretty sparse and mostly agriculture, there are all sorts of pockets of culture. Hutchinson has the best space museum in the US except for maybe the Smithsonian. Certain areas have pockets of Mennonites, which are like the less strict versions of Amish. Wichita is the Air Capital of the world, with an Air Base and several air plane manufacturers. Kansas City is as advanced as just about any modern metropolitan area, though a bit more quaint and spread out. Fall fairs. Eisenhower’s museum.Tons of lakes for fishing. Kansas is known for being flat, but the east side isn’t so much. The Flint hills are gorgeous in their own right, with rolling hills as far as the eye can see. Really neat when they are on fire. Walt Disney got his start here (I think… maybe he was technically in MO), and was one of the birthplaces of Jazz in KC. And we had several famous people who pioneered early film such as Buster Keaton and Louise Brooks. Lawrence is a pretty cool town, being a college town it is more liberal to a degree.

I suppose the small town and rural folk are more right minded, but their Midwestern charm prevents most of them from being dicks about it.

But yes, there is less stuff to do here than some other states. Our geology has pockets of interesting stuff, but mostly sandstone and lime stone.

1 Like

This guy:

1 Like

Kansas is the place Colorado sends its tornadoes. That’s enough reason for me to stay out of it.

3 Likes

You know, banksters, industrialists, yoga teachers… :wink:

I’ll be visiting Kansas City, MO in two weeks and I deeply regret that I won’t get to visit Lawrence.

Here’s a handy map for foreigners trying to understand the Mason-Dixon Line we Americans are always going on about:

The Blue States are Northern, the Grey are Southern. Hawaii didn’t exist yet and Delaware got confused and fought on both sides.

1 Like

That should be on their license plates.

“We got confused…”

3 Likes

We’re confused about the value of license plates, too! And each car has only one plate, because you only need to know the license number if the driver’s trying to get away.

I’d happily spend some time pissing all over that bill and whoever thought it was a good idea.
Probably Doc Halliday (yes we have a state rep from Eastern WA who’s name is Doc Halliday. I don’t remember if he’s still around.)

1 Like

He was probably looking for Lawrence Ferlinghetti and too fucked up to realize he’d found the wrong Lawrence.

Excuse me?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.