Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

Agree with @knoxblox. The herb sprial is pretty and interesting with all the different shapes and shades. That said, my spouse is also a uniform brick person. He prefers his chaos and asymmetry in the plants and our “bramblr patch” of random dead wood. I admit the uniform brick work contrasts well with the chaos of a 4 year old who had a basket of seeds and no supervision.

7 Likes

This isn’t my own work (I wish)! We happened to be in Paducah, KY over the weekend and stopped at the National Quilt Museum there. Amazing stuff! Here are a few of my favorites – mostly close-ups to show the intricacy. These are all quilts!

24 Likes

Jack has bloomed but turned their back on us. Husband says they are snooping on the neighbors. Jack produced a smaller flower than I thought.

I edited the second one, btw.

18 Likes

Strawberry picking time!

17 Likes

My daughter is getting married in October and said she wanted a box she could put a bottle of wine in for the ceremony. Now she has a box!

28 Likes

(For those concerned, the fans shown are stand-ins only, not the ones going in the barn.)

14 Likes

Circurbids are sprouting. Various cucumbers, squash, zucchini and cantaloupe. Also some peppers, sunflowers, corn, leeks, and onion sprouts

ETA: Cucurbits

17 Likes

*Cucurbits

3 Likes

Curcurbipodes

5 Likes

Cuckoo for cucurbits?

9 Likes

I bought a bus. Currently tearing out the seats so I can install things like bedding, plumbing and electricity.

27 Likes

Please say that you’re going to give it a sweet custom paint job.

20 Likes

Well, this is a trailer I painted for my nephews’ cub scout troop- So it’s likely.

29 Likes

I found a cool floor-lamp on the curb but couldn’t fix it. my initial back-up plan to use it for a phone monopod so I could be in the shot when shooting video was stymied by the fact that I barely ever shoot video.

what I really needed was a free-standing toilet paper holder.

so:

20 Likes

Best explanation of a debounce circuit ever!

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m no EE, so I was really hoping I’d explained the science correctly.

3 Likes

Unexciting summer project #4: parking pad for the camper. The ground was already mostly hard clay and gravel here.

5.7 tons of #51 gravel, delivered Monday:

After 4 hours of raking:

12 Likes

Harvest of garlic and green beans. This is less than half of the harvest of garlic, with much better performance than last time I grew it. The garlic has been in the ground since October. Beans will keep cropping into September. I should be pulling this much every week all summer long.

Also a volunteer zucchini. Its bigger than the plants I set deliberately.

18 Likes

Always seems to be the way with volunteers!

9 Likes

Garden flowers. Rose, wild flower mix including cosmos, and many varieties of sunflowers

18 Likes