Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

I working on assets for streaming. Trying to make old-photoshoppy stuff that looks like old Magic: The Gathering stuff.

Going to try my first stream tomorrow.

5 Likes

Perhaps, “the streamening”? just spitballing here

4 Likes

I’m liking this.

5 Likes

New summer project: low-entry swimming dock for the old folks at our neighborhood lake. I already had two leftover float tanks and the composite decking, so the main expense here was the wood and ladder.

Normally the float tanks would be installed under the frame rather than inside it, but I’m going for a low-floating “crew” or rowing dock profile here.

I’ll install the decking, railing and ladder on site.

19 Likes

Mission accomplished!

It’s in good running condition. Could use degreasing and a coat of paint, but that will have to wait because I need to make parts for a thickness planer I started restoring last month.

19 Likes

Finished swim dock. It’s a bit more tippy than I wanted. We’ll see who complains.

15 Likes

13 Likes

It worked

1 Like

Crossover now functions again, better than new.

3 Likes

Updates:

Hoisting the bed and reassembling the legs:

Reattaching the motor mount and the belt tensioner with bonus dog whose fear of thunder has temporarily cured her dislike of the shop.

13 Likes

Made this for the kids, anyone know what it is?

14 Likes

Abacus?

5 Likes

Very nice. A couple of those remind me of the Gee’s Bend quilts, which are some of the most beautiful quilts I’ve ever seen.

My wife and I reupholstered this old armchair

in the style of this quilt

010-02_0

12 Likes

It is!

3 Likes

I like your materials selections :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been playing around with silk painting for a while now, but only recently started trying to make impressions of objects using resist then paint over them. I’ve been experimenting with ferns this summer. I learned my lesson by doing a big scarf without practicing first, so all these experiments are on little 12x12 silk hankies.
The water-based resist sort of washed away -

The rubber-plant based stuff worked better - I did a couple layers of color and “stamps” then painted over with brown/red -

Then I tried a whole bunch of colors and added some mushroom stamps:

This is what it looks like after painting over it:

15 Likes

This week’s labor in the garden has gotten us a bushel and a half of peaches, 2 bushels of groats, almost a pound of poppy seeds, a bunch of zucchini and some nice lavender. Pears, apples, persimmons and grapes are ripening, beans coming on and tomatoes starting to color up. I love this time of year!

18 Likes

Doc o’Groats would make a good username. (I recently learned about John o’Groats)

5 Likes

So hi guys… I’ve been mostly not here since I started a job which then immediately changed for pandemic reasons. But now that things have slowed down a bit, I’m trying something I’ve always wanted to do. I’m learning the bagpipes!

That’s my practice chanter. You don’t get actual pipes until you learn that.

25 Likes

giphy-1

15 Likes