Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

My girls and I have been back on our Sculpey game. This is my favorite piece I’ve done lately, A little vintage racer. I used aluminum foil cores to give the axles some rigidity, and to secure the neck. I forgot to put down a banana for scale but it’s probably about 2" long.

20 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, but I just had to say as another SG fan how much I enjoy that your work in progress shots evoke the SG-1 opening credits shots

5 Likes

pirouette_demo

I released a (lightly) interactive generative art toy for the Pico-8 called Pirouette. It’s based on a very short (20 line!) algorithm whose origins are currently unknown. Even at the Pico-8 limited resolution of 128x128px and a mere 15 colors, I’m quite happy with how well it captures the mesmerizing features of the high color original.

I added some UI elements to allow user control (speed up, slow down, zoom in and out, add/reduce complexity, pause, etc.) You can play around with it and read more at this post, if you are so inclined.
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=54517

16 Likes

So pretty and mesmerizing. Very calming when slow

8 Likes

I transferred my mead into secondary a few days ago. It tasted good even without the secondary additions I added yesterday. The mead has notes of citrus from the hops and yeast I used (Voss Kveik). I added sweet orange and tangerine peel yesterday along with the remaining hops. It will be in bottles by Thursday, but will need some time to carbonate before it’s finally ready.

I need to invest in a CO2 setup.

8 Likes

Update: Here’s the piano bar in action!

14 Likes

Nice piano bar. My parents started a similar project, but it ended at the dismantling phase.

6 Likes

That stage is a royal PITA, no doubt.

4 Likes

I bottled my mead yesterday, but ran out of bottles so I had to drink what was leftover.

11 Likes

Bummer, whatever shall you do? Oh well…

Wedding Crashers Movie GIF by filmeditor

9 Likes

Making some costume accessories for my daughter and her friend who are going as two of the characters from The Owl House, still need to be sanded and painted. The staffs will have light-up eyes when finished.

13 Likes

You can share that in the fall holiday thread, too!

6 Likes

I hope you’ll post the finished costumes!

7 Likes

I’ll post them either here or the fall holiday thread when they’re done!

6 Likes

we hadn’t made an interesting project in quite a while.
the client’s bedroom has a bathroom but whoever built it not only didn’t put a door on it, they put a huge archway for the entrance (visible in the final picture.) the client wanted doors with frosted glass but knew there wasn’t any room for them to open, she thought it best if one was fixed and the other slid over it. but until my boss, everyone she tried to hire either said it wouldn’t work or that they couldn’t figure out how.

my boss added the idea of not framing it up with drywall and studs, but fixing the one door against the outside of the archway; then buying a third, solid-core door of the same thickness not to use as a door, but to cut into pieces to make a header and a strip against the opposite edge of the archway. this was a fast, easy way to build up the archway into a doorway with all the same thickness suitable to hang the hardware and affix the second door.

with the top walled in outside , we turned the arch into a shelf for the inside

15 Likes

Those look great. What are the owl and the snake/dragon made of?

4 Likes

3D printed from PLA plastic with LEDs glued behind the eyes. Working on best way to conceal batteries and activation buttons in the wooden staffs.

5 Likes

Nice!

Our kid wanted to be Prince Sidon for Halloween.

Which was a big ask! We settled on a more evocative costume instead of realistic. The body will be simple: red pants, white shirt, red tailed jacket. We are still making a collar to hold a ruff of fabric. But the headspace is done. It fits, it stays on, and the kid says it’s comfortable.

I’m proud of it

Side view of Sidon

16 Likes

Impressive tailoring skills!

6 Likes

My office for the day. I think it was a success!

9 Likes