Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

I alcohol ink the pieces first. I use rice glue for adhesion. Prototypes I use urushi lacquer then sprinkle gold powder on it.

3 Likes

I’m not normally a fan of Kintsugi, but your shaping and that light celadon green have won me over!

3 Likes

Fire!

15 Likes

I pulled out my fabric markers and did some plagiarizing on an old t-shirt.

Bet you don’t know where I got the source image!

here

30 Likes

Now there’s paint, a slide and a goddamned rope ladder. No handrail on the slide platform though, that has to happen.

And then I also went and made a website over the same weekend. Because I have obligations to those I love. And I am dumb.
http://conwallstreet.com/

21 Likes

Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

8 Likes

Knitting a dishcloth on my AKB sockloom. So far it is way easier than the socks.

3 Likes

Working on baby hats for my friend who is expecting her second. Also trying to write some presentations for my docent gig.

12 Likes

Resin pendants…

12 Likes

A monk?

4 Likes

Whenever I see old fans or clocks at flea markets for under $10, I buy them and restore them, then give them away at solstice. This one is an unusual model of Telechron that I kept. It’s brass and lucite, both of which polished up pretty nicely.

15 Likes

More t-shirt decorating.

Loosely-tied shirt + randomly applied Procion dye powders + freezer-paper stencil.

Stencil painted using acrylics mixed with textile medium: a layer of purple, then a layer of blue. The picture is from a transparency I printed from a Mac back in the late 80s. Gotta love Wingdings (or whatever font that was).

12 Likes

Just did another freezer-paper stenciling job, this time on a onesie, for a friend who just had a baby:

13 Likes

Do you take it down to the local diner?

7 Likes

More babby stuff! This time, pocket bibs in 2 sizes. Fronts:

and backs:

12 Likes

Aw man, I made a Golden Snitch for my kids birthday and didn’t take a pic, and one of the kid took it home with them.

I made this spikey ball origami, and then cut an glued wings to it. It was a pretty decent paper craft, if I do say so myself. I was given this gold paper with glitter in it, so when I was done creasing all those folds it looks like a killed a fairy in my bed.

I saw the kid fawning over it, so while they were opening presents, I made a smaller one out of a scavenger hunt flyer. But then she said my ex said she could have it, so I think she gave that one to another friend.

7 Likes

I’m halfway(ish) through hand wiring a keyboard I’m building.

12 Likes

You know you can get those for next to nothing on the internet and thrift stores?

3 Likes

Yeah, but they don’t have half the kludge factor of this one!

Seriously, though: 40% layout with vintage(!) ALPS switches. Fun times!
Also: my soldering needs practice.

10 Likes

Parenting: you are doing it right. Wonderful work.

5 Likes