Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

That ancient song played on lyre reminded me - I need to hack together a boxy lyre with the material I bought years ago. Maybe the pegs/bridge will suck, but I just have to try a pile of notes all ready to be plucked. (but not as many as a harp. that would be overkill)

Nice! What kind of siding you looking at?

And, while I’m spitballing, maybe make one of the far corners into a secret door between those joists? If you can’t have a trap door you could have that!

That’s magnificent fabric.
covetcovetcovet

2 Likes

It’s called “Far Far Away” and it comes in a few colors! I was tempted by the green, because I love green and it looks like the unicorns are frolicking in a field, but I went with the orange-red because of the tapestry.

2 Likes

Good choice. I like the other colours, but the orange gives the dress a nice impact.

They’re okay for inner zippers, although as your wife says, not suitable for the outer zipper. So far, the weak point on my handbags has been the fabric, not the fastener. Source: myself

1 Like

All done!

It looks weird on the top because I have wider shoulders than my dress form does. Also I need to re-pad the dress form as it’s not quite accurate to my measurements. It fits perfectly on me, no armpit-gapping.

17 Likes

I’ve been making collaged cards. Y’know, to write in and mail to people!

15 Likes

Why catch up with Hallmark copypasta when you can reconnect with your old pals the Zodiac Killer way?

Exclusive crafting tips from monkeyoh in the next issue of CRAFT Magazine.

8 Likes

Not pictured: my exacto knives and packs of extra blades. :smiling_imp:

11 Likes

I don’t hold myself out as any sort of professional photographer. There’s some deep and painful stories there.

But darned if I don’t on occasion get some good framing.

I call it

Wish I Was There.

12 Likes

That’s a great shot. Love the lighting paterns on the road there. Nice one!

ObCrafting - Found a half-metre of fake-fur in my fabric heap, so fuzzy cushion-covers it is.

2 Likes

I bought a thing at the Prime Day sale. I haven’t used one of these since college and frankly I find them a little scary.

Also I’m laughing at how long it’s been since they updated this model, which comes with “instructional CDs” for “Windows 95 or later”. I don’t think I’m gonna be using those.

11 Likes

Was there a thick layer of dust on the top of the box? :wink:

1 Like

Just made a friend her own BB unit (her fav colour is green) and a Jedi variant of QT-KT - which still needs weathering - but the BB unit has seen a few miles :+1:

14 Likes

Last night’s drunken painting:

27 Likes

Did you go to one of those places where you and your friends drink wine and paint, or did you do it at home?

4 Likes

Already out of likes this morning due to a rash of liking last night (and I wasn’t drinking). So here you go :love_letter: (@nemomen’s suggestion)!

But wow, very beautiful!!! It looks amazing! Maybe I should try drinking while painting because I suck at anything that involves paint or pencils. (I’m having a kindergarten flasback, but in this one I’m informing my teacher Mrs. Scott that the Van Gogh in me needs some red wine for creativity time.:relaxed:)

2 Likes

I went to a place. I do not have the talent for painting without someone giving me directions to follow. I like this one because “impressionistic slaps of paint” is really my style.

Thanks!

13 Likes

Beautiful. So impressionistic!

:purple_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart:

2 Likes