Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

You’ll dig this track, then:

(If you like Adult Swim cartoons, then you’ll love this whole album.)

1 Like

I got my daughter a camera for her birthday so she took some good shots of my latest dresses.

The blue one looks better than it is. It’s honestly a mess on the inside.

24 Likes

I really like the orange one — are those unicorns?

5 Likes

Oh yeah. Yooouuu-neee-corns!

15 Likes

I like it. Have you read Phoebe and her Unicorn?

I need to work on something that has blood on it. It will be against a white background and be very prominent.

Any mutant suggestions for mixing a good “blood red”? (It’s not gushing blood, but it’s also not dried blood - it’s the intermediate stage where it begins to clump from the clotting).

I plan on using acrylic paint. But I also have a lot of Gouache at my disposal.

Thanks in advance!

How much do you need? If not a lot you could try Games Workshop or Vallejo paints as they will have a blood red or damn close enough that adding a bit of color to get your exact shade if they don’t have what you want.

1 Like

It’s quite small - actually hadn’t thought of specifically buying that colour. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Pyrrole red, quinacridone violet, and either violet oxide or burnt umber. If you’re going for a spattered/drippy effect, I’d go with Golden’s fluid acrylics (same pigment load, lower viscosity).

2 Likes

Us.

<that’s right>

2 Likes

Cheers. I can mix those up with Gouache n at least take it for a test spin.

Per @TobinL I grabbed some “Gory Red” and added it to my next Amazon order.

I’ve been testing various approaches &, so far, laying down an orange - from light to dark orange, ultimately almost brown - and then laying the red above it is giving results. Needs work, but it seems like there may be something to it.

I’ll try your colour combos next time. Thanks again.

1 Like

I freezer-paper-stenciled two shirts today!

They’re a late birfday gift for my spouse.

26 Likes

I forgot to post the capybara baby that I finished last week:

With mama for comparison:

24 Likes

I’d actually never heard of that before…

Now I have a new low impact craft project I can learn. And new xmas presents to make!

:heart_eyes: thanks for sharing!!

(nice work too!)

8 Likes

You’re killing me with the cute!

6 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve gotta finish some baby hats, but I have decided I need to do a Marquis de Lafayette cosplay. Because I have finally nailed the rap in “Guns and Ships”.

LAFAYETTE!

5 Likes

You can also make screen prints (of a sort) with embroidery hoop, I forget the fabric type, and mod podge. I’m out of unprinted shirts just now but I have all the other stuff. Oh, and fabric bleaching works with the freezer paper stencil method @monkeyoh mentioned. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two collaged cards I just finished:

I may add some more stuff to the one on the right. Not sure if it’s done yet.
Is it wrong to be super pleased with myself over the Bill Gates one?

15 Likes

Yay for homemade cards :thumbsup:

8 Likes