Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

Last round of canning?!? I’m just getting started. :fearful:

4 Likes

My current list of projects that are (maybe) relevant here includes:

• Materials came in for backpack construction v2.0
  • Assembling a rack mount solution for my computer
  • Building a picture frame for a new print
  • Book storage for the rest of the house
    I’m most excited about that first one… I’ll have pics as I start work on that soon.
5 Likes

Wow, what will you be canning? So far for us, tomato sauce, peaches, apple pie filling, mince pie filling, jam, chutney (peach and mango).

1 Like

Just finished knitting a pair of tube socks:

And today I picked up some origami paper at Daiso (just $1.50 per package!) so I can continue making paper cranes. One of the packs is wax paper. It’s a little weird to work with, but looks kinda neat.

14 Likes

So: backpack v2.0 is done.
Made of a 500d Codura outer, with the lining in 420d nylon. #8 waterproof zipper, double layer quilted bottom. Unpadded straps, and a sculpted padded back panel.

19 Likes

Nice work. :smiley: I love the cinder block in the patch too.

4 Likes

Elder Bevel.

2 Likes

Finally made a BB avatar & usercard last week.

This morning I’m working on some lettering development for a little design piece. Trying to build up a more codified repertoire of type styles.

8 Likes

Thanks!
Patch is from Tom Sachs for his Mars 2.0 project. I sewed to some Velcro hooks, and the bag has a 4" strip of Velcro loops. Makes it easy to change the look or function (ditto with the MOLLE rows below all that).

6 Likes

It’s pretty, but I thought it was one of Scientology’s logos for a while!

1 Like

scientology logo?

I’d never seen that S with the triangles logo before. I guess at a glance the AAS monogram shares the formal shapes, plus the metallic finish.
I assure you I have no association with that organization.

6 Likes

I believe you. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have been “drilling” holes in rocks. It is highly satisfying.

18 Likes

Impact hammer drill?
High speed burr?
Water jet?

What’s the method?

8 Likes

Teeth?

14 Likes

Penetrating glare?

13 Likes

Pewpewpew Lasers?

8 Likes

Handheld dremel + diamond coated burrs. Good also for ceramic and glass!

I make jewellery out of the resulting “beads”. :slight_smile:
(I also have a rock tumbler where I tumble glass to a high shine)

18 Likes

Maybe not in place here, but don’t want to make the lounge into a sewing cafe. :wink:
Talking about needles; how do you people keep track of your needles. (sewing machine needles). I use a lot of different kind of fabric. So, switch a lot. Some needle really ‘gone’ I trow away. But what to do with the ‘heavy used’ but not ‘gone’ needles?
It’s a mess at my place, older needles in the same box as new ones or loose. Not the youngest, I need a magnifying glass to read the numbers of the ones lying around. So…?

2 Likes

I’ve mounted them into a piece of dowel and used them as makeshift tools.

1 Like