Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

http://www.eshakti.com/Shop/skirts

4 Likes

Black crinoline FTW!

1 Like

I should hope that project would have less of “The Force” and more of “The Consent.”

6 Likes

I just know my wife would get a huge kick out of it. I myself am way more of a Trekkie than a Star Wars fan ( I don’t really like the undemocratic classicism of Star Wars, even though I appreciate the mythic archetypes), but the look on her face will be worth the effort alone :grinning:

2 Likes

13 Likes

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine.

6 Likes

Not sure if this really counts as “making” or whatever, but… after weeks of nagging decreasingly gentle persuasion by the better half to “do something with that damn motorcycle” (KZ750, which has a seized engine) I yanked the motor out today and pulled the oil pan off. Only to discover the oil pan full of little pieces of connecting rod. How the hell does a connecting rod explode into fragments?!? So it’s time to hide the corpse until I feel motivated to rebuild or replace the engine. It’s got enough room, maybe a conversion to electric?

11 Likes

http://imgur.com/YQF1GzP

10 hours, 4 trips to the hardware store, some questionable engineering but I finally have my workbench built enough my Shapeoko.

Still need drawer fronts and dust collection, but I can finally begin automated wood butchering

8 Likes

Cut often, measure never. :thumbsup:

7 Likes

Wut, like a Dill Don’t?

2 Likes

Learning Scala, I need a change of scenery

4 Likes

Black crinoline and POCKETS!!! MOTHERFUCKIN’ POCKETS!!!

6 Likes

Oh! That sounds like a nice project if you can fit it in! I say go for it and document it here. We’d love to see it.

4 Likes

Oh, yes-- “kick.” With a “K.”

Made a new spray booth for airbrushing:

12 Likes

Used the Vallejo paint on this while I was working on other stuff (sometimes it’s nice just to bang out a quick little project):

I found this, along with Captain Phasma’s, in the “Titanium Line”. It has the same basic construction as a hotwheels car, but with screws vs rivets:

Back of the lid is metal, front is plastic.

I then repackaged it in the original box which is how it will be delivered for xmas.

10 Likes

I didn’t take any pics, but yesterday I made sweet/hot pickle relish for the second time this summer. First batch only produced 3 jelly jars, and I cut everything by hand because I forgot we have a Ninja. This time I used the Ninja, and it went much faster, resulting in another 6 jelly jars. I may never buy this stuff from the grocery again.

I don’t have enough tomatoes to bother with making anything yet, so I stuck them in the freezer. Next weekend, though, there could be sauce.

7 Likes

Sorry, dude

1 Like

Latest round of canning is done. Building an aquaponics system. May have to spend a day battling entropy again, since I’ve lost most of the forward progress previously documented in the Let’s get this place ship-shape thread.

6 Likes