Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

That’s really clever.

1 Like

Thanks! I didn’t want to throw the bags away, because they’re pretty sturdy. Plus the little mochi snack creatures were so cute! I had to do something with 'em.

3 Likes

Cool idea. Maybe this’ll give some inspiration.

3 Likes

Aaaand here it is, in use. The video is entirely about the trike, honest.

14 Likes

My first knitted pussyhat, and 20th pussyhat.

19 Likes

Nice yarn! That looks great. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Two thumbs up! Well-made documentary with a great message.

7 Likes

Thanks! It’s Redheart Gumdrop

2 Likes

I’m currently working on Boing Boing infrastructure 3.0, if anyone’s interested. Not sure if that counts as “crafting” or not!

Version 1.0 (of my era) was literally on my converted P233MMX desktop, back in 2003. :smile:

26 Likes

I’ve been toying with “The Doubtful President”. Still need more tweaks to the art, but it’s coming along.

14 Likes

While amusing on one level, It sort of sullies Gorey in my opinion. Maybe I just like The Doubtful Guest too much.

5 Likes

While going through my clothes and tossing shirts too worn to be given away I realize I have a couple with colors I could use to make s tablet case with. I have a book I do not mind gutting for this purpose. Glue that works on fabrics and cardboard. All I really lack is elastic for the holding the corners. Open to other methods of securing tablet to casing.

Also considering the idea of a button or clasp to hold the outside closed.

4 Likes

<3 <3 <3[quote=“writebastard, post:1070, topic:67869, full:true”]
Aaaand here it is, in use. The video is entirely about the trike, honest.

[/quote]

4 Likes

…and…

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Got old underpants?
Got elastic.

2 Likes

That is a very nicely edited video! Will there be a #3?

1 Like

Found a shoestring that looks promising.

Found out the glue I thought would work just kinda soaked into the fabric. So might have ruined the denim I was going to use. I do have a backup plan though. Now need to get better scissors for trimming and hoping my idea pans out.

4 Likes

Not sure what it is that you’re gluing the denim to, but not knowing anything never stopped me from offering advice. :laughing:

I’ve been recycling glasses cases recently, taking crappy old ones, pulling them apart and covering them in reclaimed fabrics. Spray adhesive works ace for this. Not too much depth but plenty of coverage. Like, a light misting all over. Let it go tacky, apply the cloth and as long as the edges are secured, it’ll stay where it’s supposed to.

If you’re using a contact adhesive, like polyurethane or something, it might soak in a bit and darken the denim, so again, light coverage and let it go tacky first.

But I dunno what’s being stuck to what. Might not be useful advice. [quote=“singletona082, post:1083, topic:67869”]
Now need to get better scissors for trimming and hoping my idea pans out.
[/quote]

Good scissors will last. If like me, you’re on a tight budget, you can get reasonable pairs for under $20. Some Fiskars and Gingher are OK, but there are better stitchers than me who could give you proper advice on them.

Looking forward to seeing the end result!

3 Likes

Thank you! It’s an ongoing series, so I’ll probably make them until I get bored or someone pays me to stop. FMOGR #3: The Suffering will be along in another ten pounds or so.

5 Likes

sure, it counts. but pictures or it didn’t happen :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes