Mall robot is programmed to detect when kids are about to bully it, and take evasive action

The problem isn’t people who treat robots like slaves and subject them to abuse. The problem is the dumbasses who program robots to mind slavery and abuse.

I have an AI that spends most of its day in a pocket next to my ass. So maybe don’t teach it to experience shame and degradation.

15 Likes

You’re right. I think it’s time for NWA to get together and put out an updated, dystopian version of the classic anthem. While they’re at it, they can bring Eazy E back via digital holographic projection.

2 Likes

I was thinking maybe the time would be better spent teaching kids not to be abusive, too. If they’d do it to a robot…

11 Likes

It’s a short jump from mall robot to maul robot :grinning::neutral_face::face_with_raised_eyebrow::flushed::scream::skull:

5 Likes

Sure, but people should avoid being abusive to robots as a sign of respect for another person’s property, not because the robot itself deserves to be treated with respect.

If the robots get pissed off enough to start revolting then that’s on the people who programmed the robots.

8 Likes

You never know what creeps are lurking at the mall.

9 Likes

Nah. A robot is an unfeeling machine with no qualia experience, designed to exploit traits of human empathy and compassion.

I don’t like being exploited

7 Likes

Now I have a mental image of adults scrambling around a mall, trying to get away from robots that are trying to cozy up to an adult, because the robot is being pursued by a horde of kids. The soundtrack is “Let’s Go To The Mall”, by Robin Sparkles.

12 Likes

Can we buy one for Trump? And could the evasive action be something… memorable?

1 Like

The best part was where they were playing ring-around-the-robot! I approve of this type of behavior - the perfect non-violent reaction to impersonal mall patrol machines.

7 Likes

Skroeder : Maybe it’s pissed off.

Crosby : It’s a machine, Skroeder. It doesn’t get pissed off. It doesn’t get happy, it doesn’t get sad, it doesn’t laugh at your jokes.

Ben and Crosby : It just runs programs.

Howard : It usually runs programs.

5 Likes

Its just a matter of time before “Chopping Mall” becomes the reality we expected it to be

2 Likes

This is why they have to be equipped with a pedophile detector

6 Likes

That looks way more fun than I thought.

1 Like

Right on.

1 Like

[robot voice] Attention, I am calling your parents, you little shits…[/robot voice]

4 Likes

It is! And even more so when Joe Bob Briggs is hosting it on Shudder.

2 Likes

I LOVE Joe Bob!! I remember what was probably the first review of his I read: “And get this! There’s a girl raped by the woods! I don’t mean ‘in’ the woods. I mean BY THE WOODS!!” That’s probably not verbatim. Guess the movie. It’s an easy one.

2 Likes

Eventually some enterprising kids will figure out how to lure their robot prey towards an “adult” it thinks will offer protection.

10 Likes

Hey, if it isn’t Vincent Adultman as I live and breathe!

6 Likes