Man arrested this morning in white supremacist truck with weapons near DNC headquarters said he was "on patrol"

Finally! Someone noticed!

6 Likes

ᴼᶠ ᶜᵒᵘʳˢᵉ‧

3 Likes

I might have been so subtle. It was a racist Donald trump quote (redundant?) about Mexicans.

8 Likes

tophat-biggrin beer

4 Likes

How do you conceal a baseball bat upon the person?

If the baseball bat (and ball and glove) were openly visible, wouldn’t the driver be in the clear?
(I am ignoring the obvious, “how would the suspect be able to swing such a weapon within his private vehicle?” An empty city bus is an entirely different story.)

1 Like

They still think they are deep underground and using symbols that the rest of us can’t figure out… :roll_eyes: They still believe that none of the rest of us have figured out the whole 1488 shit…

Also… machetes are prohibited in California?

11 Likes

Lotsa tear gas, beanbag guns and rubber bullets. Water canons are good too.

1 Like

It had rolled under the seat from the behind the seat storage in the pick up. Probably the only fully legal space would be in the pick up bed. But he thought he was bringing sporing equipment home, so why would he not put it inside the truck cab? Or so I assume his thinking went.

Also, IIRC, concealed weapons can be “wobblers”, something that can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony, meaning it is easier to force someone to peal to a misdemeanor rather than for them to risk a felony conviction that will risk not only imprisonment but also a mark against employment and housing for life. Not sure if that is still the case these days.

1 Like

Dang, that would include the tire iron lug wrench.

1 Like

If it’s in the cab instead of under the truck with the spare, I think yes. But it’s entirely up to the cop whether to decide that the tire iron they found is a “weapon” or not. Lot’s of folks seem to think that if they have a double duty item like a bat that they can’t be charged - they are very wrong, more so if they are brown. :frowning:

Also, ordinary tools magically become “burglar” tools, but unlike concealed weapons charges you have to have (or a cop has to claim you have) “intent”:

"Every person having upon him or her in his or her possession a picklock, crow, keybit, crowbar, screwdriver, vise grip pliers, water-pump pliers, slidehammer, slim jim, tension bar, lock pick gun, tubular lock pick, bump key, floor-safe door puller, master key, ceramic or porcelain spark plug chips or pieces, or other instrument or tool with intent feloniously to break or enter into "

[emphasis added]

Law section.

3 Likes

Just to clarify - are we talking the cops on duty or the cops who took a day off to attend?

12 Likes

Remember Cesar Sayoc, the Trumpist mail bomber with a van covered in Trumpist tat?

7 Likes

Federal flag license plate? Does he not know about states’ rights?

“Craighead claimed he was “on patrol””

Ah - a reconnaissance mission. Identifying targets, routes and defenses.

11 Likes

So many yikes in one vehicle…

2 Likes

Good god! Now that I know what a “white supremacist truck” looks like, I’m pretty sure I won’t end up buying one of those secondhand by accident. This one certainly doesn’t need Carfax to tell you to run, not walk, away from the deal.

2 Likes

It’s funny the similarity between meth addicts cars.

2 Likes

I remember those stupid things from when I was a kid. Totally useless, over-large multi-tool ones were real popular.

Because it makes total sense for you to use a poorly-constructed knife as both a cutting implement but also the thing that holds your matches, tiny first aid kit, flashlight, poncho, and other emergency supplies.

Either way, it was a local urban legend that some idiot had put black powder in his knife handle and screwed the handle cap back on, setting it off and making the stupid thing explode in his hands.

3 Likes

In a way that will probably leave splinters coming out.

I hope.

1 Like

Old school Nazis get treasure maps branded on their palms. Hipster Nazis get it stamped into their foreheads.

2 Likes

Also, if you haven’t followed the link to the full pictures on Twitter, you’re missing the deer antlers on the front of the truck. No, not like those old “Texas” steer-horn mounts, just two antlers, sticking forward like lances, on the front of the truck, just outside the headlight. It’s a fascinating piece of … well, something.

6 Likes