Man brandishes gun at immigration rally

In today’s political climate this is tantamount to terrorism. This guy should be in prison 20-life with no parole. If this was the sentence maybe these other RWNJ’s would think twice about doing this kind of bullshit.

4 Likes

The Brigham Young look?

2 Likes

Of course it’s pathetic. Dennis the peasant was the opposite of far-right. He didn’t want to oppress anyone, unlike Trumpists.

We’re an anarcho-syndicalist commune.

6 Likes

Dennis gets a lot of mockery, but when you listen to what he has to say he’s not actually wrong

8 Likes

I wouldn’t consider Mennonites and the far right as being compatible though. It’s not that it is impossible, it just requires a level of cognitive dissonance well beyond what people normally encounter.

6 Likes

I find it weird because I associate that kind of facial hair with Amish and Mennonites, as @Mister44 said. But they have that style of beard because they are pacifists and moustaches were associated with soldiers. So probably nothing to do with the alt-right.

1 Like

Maybe he is thinking about his bedroom full of AR-15s?

2 Likes

OH I wasn’t trying to compare the two, just that is where I have most often seen that beard style.

IIRC the British used to REQUIRE mustaches as part of the uniform.

2 Likes

Current British military practice (with exceptions made for religious reasons such as Sikhs)

is that the Army and RAF can grow moustaches but not beards (except Army pioneer sergeants, who traditionally have beards and carry axes on parade).

The Navy are only allowed to grow a “full set” of both beard and moustache connected to each other, and must be clean-shaven if they can’t grow one.

And yes, there was a period in the late 19th century when British soldiers were not allowed to shave above the upper lip.

6 Likes

He deserves a whole section of sad trombones, but it’d be tough to get them past the screening into the courthouse.

3 Likes

Inspired by Anders Breivik?

1 Like

These might help?

2 Likes

The story I’m telling myself is they are so upset with everything that their lip hair fell out.

Hmmm. Wearing it like that makes it look like a chin strap keeping his hair from sliding off the back of his head.

4 Likes

I recall reading something about there being a two-week limit on the growing-out period; if you couldn’t grow a respectable beard and moustache in two weeks you had to shave it off and stay clean shaven.

Of course, you can still join the Royal Navy as young as age 16 (with parental consent) so this is not an entirely arbitrary standard.

1 Like

What a deliciously twisted scene. Tarantino couldn’t have done better.

Graphic and cruel. Wow.

Also James Garner was a hunk.

He played a fabulous coward in this film. As he did in the Americanization of Emily - amazing film.

This was basically a remake of Support Your Local Sheriff - both are very fun watches.

4 Likes

I find it disturbing in that they need to be there in that capacity. That said, if law enforcement is there to jump on the threatening individual with a gun, I’d much prefer that over the notion that everyone needs to carry to protect against crap like this.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.