Man built a pretend video rental store in his basement as a pandemic project

Originally published at: Man built a pretend video rental store in his basement as a pandemic project | Boing Boing

2 Likes

OMG it’s the hobby I didn’t know I wanted. Even worse: I’ve avoided joining Tik Tok, but now I think I have to join just to follow this account.

2 Likes

One of these would go great next to my lifesize recreation of the Library at Alexandria[1]

ryan reynolds book GIF

1. Nebraska. Population 177
2 Likes

I see the corporate chocolate, which covers half the scent of a video store, but does it have the microwave popcorn aroma from the breakroom too? Extra points for “one of the employees forgot he was popping a bag and we had a small fire here from which we never fully got rid of the odor.”

3 Likes

For greater authenticity, I would have put a beaded curtain at the entrance to the viewing room and some “special” videos inside. However, I’m guessing that kids under age 18 use this room, too.

2 Likes

Unsettled feeling that something was off.

Got it: too many titles are “in”.

3 Likes

Yeah, it needs the empty slots, and the cash grab knock offs alphabetically right next to it for the unwary, like: “Star Warp: The Empire Strides Back,” “Die Hardly,” and “Gromlins.”

3 Likes

Wasn’t this a scene from I Am Legend?

3 Likes

I think I’ve just found the concept for my next bug-out shelter.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.